Human Resources Project Coordinator (Contract Role)
Hunter Douglas has historically been extensively siloed with multiple divisions, plant sites, and product lines doing things just a little differently from one another. Until now. Over the last few years we have been in the process, enterprise wide, of aligning Operations practices, resources, and functions. We now have the opportunity to align HR best practices across multiple divisions. We have multiple teams, within HR, working on various pieces of this integration. We need help to ensure that our teams are working on meaningful, impactful projects. We also need to make certain that multiple teams aren’t working on the same project, appropriate people are included, and resources are properly coordinated.
- You are able to organize documents, tasks and people in an effective and efficient manner.
- You are a strong relationship builder with a focus on solving problems.
- You have a flexible project management approach and can adapt tools to varying situations.
- You have a general understanding of HR practices, policies, and technology.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of HR, Operations and Corporate leaders while taking point on numerous high-level priority HR projects. Create and provide programs, strategies, and processes to address key HR needs.
- Develop and maintain schedules and hold team members accountable. Identify and manage resource requirements; adjusting as needed to support priority projects. Prepares detailed project status reports.
- Handles administrative functions such as project and database management.
- Champion and lead these key projects based on determined criteria and identify all risks and opportunities with these projects and recommend solutions.
- Works with sub teams within Human Resources, and cross functionally, to understand needs, scope of project, establish timelines, and deliver status reports throughout project life cycle.
- Overcomes barriers when a project runs into roadblocks. Seeks assistance from project sponsors when necessary to prevent problems before they happen
- Gathers internal and external best practices when developing a program and/or project.
- Champions the overall coordination and ongoing management of identified key HR initiatives.
- Develops comprehensive project plans and keeps stakeholders informed of progress.
- Facilitates project team meetings and project sponsor/key stakeholder updates.
- Improve on existing HR practices and procedures allowing us to continue providing high impact service to our dedicated employees
- Ensures alignment within HR of templates, branding and tools/technology. Guides staff to implement and follow consistent practices, guidelines, nomenclature and principles.
Acceptable Training and Experience:
Solid knowledge of project management skills.
Solid knowledge in HR systems and databases
Solid knowledge in the use of computer and software packages such as Word, Excel, MS Office and MS Project, and all Google applications
Solid knowledge of working across departments, divisions and groups to achieve deadlines and goals
Solid understanding of and management of project documentation.
Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments, and complete projects on time.
Ability to analyze numerical information to identify trends and distinguish discrepancies and inaccuracies in prepared reports.
Ability to communicate verbally and in written form on a one-to-one or group basis.
Ability to work with virtual groups.
Ability to design solutions. Proven competence and experience in managing and implementing complex projects with multiple stakeholders, across multiple environments.
Acceptable Training and Experience includes Bachelor’s degree in a related field. A substitute of three to four years of project management experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree. Three to five years of experience in leading projects. PMP Certification preferred, or willingness to pursue required. Proven track record demonstrating exceptional organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects. Ongoing pursuit of job knowledge based educational activities is highly encouraged.