Accounts Payable Specialist (Temporary)
About The Role:
In this role, you will join a team of 5 accounts payable professionals working in full cycle accounts payable for Hunter Douglas. Each specialist is responsible for a Hunter Douglas Division and they work closely with the business and vendor partners. We use SAP and each specialist processes roughly 1,200 invoices per month. This role is based out of our Broomfield, CO location but is currently working primarily remote to help ensure health and safety for all employees. This role is a great opportunity to be a part of a strong AP team and to gain a wide array of AP skills.
A note on COVID Precautions: Hunter Douglas takes the health and safety of our employees very seriously. We have several protocols in place as well as a COVID task force (made up of employees) that meets weekly to evaluate our practices and to provide guidance and accurate information to our employees on COVID 19 and best practices to stay healthy.
- You are a forward thinker that thrives in a busy environment with a mindset for continuous improvement.
- You strive to make customers happy and you develop strong positive relationships with your vendor partners.
- You enjoy mentoring others and are always willing to give a hand to coworkers.
- You have experience with SAP, or an enterprise level ERP system and have familiarity with Readsoft or a similar program.
- You take initiative to seek out and research any discrepancies that you find.
- You have a good attention to details when it comes to numbers, names and numerical codes.
- You are responsive to customers and business partners.
- You have previous full cycle accounts payable experience.
- Receive invoices from vendors for payment processing. Match purchase orders and invoices receivable goods inventory to verify that invoice information stated is correct. Ensure all invoices and backup is attached to each transaction electronically.
- Contact Purchasing Agents and Suppliers to inquire and resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Work closely with General Accounting to resolve GRIR issues.
- Monthly statement reconciliation.
- Process weekly payment runs to issue checks, wires, and ACHs.
- Routinely analyze AP aging report to identify and resolve issues. Understand and troubleshoot payment run proposals and work with IT and MDG as needed.
- Learn and thoroughly understand the SAP supplier master data business partner (BP) and its relationship to POs, Process Director, and supplier subledger. Submit BP supplier information updates to MDG data steward via the supplier request form for accurate payment processing.
- Provide support to users on the Readsoft approval and check requests processes.
About Hunter Douglas:
Hunter Douglas is the established worldwide design leader and most sought after name in custom window fashions and a major manufacturer of architectural products. Hunter Douglas has always been a home for innovative thinkers. Established by entrepreneurs, our culture is one of innovation that attracts the best and the brightest. We pride ourselves as a group of passionate and creative individuals continuously seeking out new and novel ways to advance our company, our industry and our employees. With numerous benefits encouraging wellness and growth, Hunter Douglas regards its people as its most valuable resource.
- 13 days of paid time off accrued yearly and 6 days of PST accrued yearly; 9 paid holidays, 40 hours of new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical ( Kaiser or Cigna), dental ( Delta Dental), a vision plan ( VSP), life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, and HSA and FSA flexible spending accounts, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, and a college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program with access to monthly virtual classes through Wellbeats and monthly company wellness challenges.
- Generous discount on window coverings, charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!
Pay Range: $41,000 - $54,900 with 5% bonus target (Non-Exempt Role)