Senior Human Resources Generalist
Custom Brands Group is looking for a Senior Human Resources Generalist to report to the Vice President of Human Resources in Cerritos, CA. The position will work set days in the office and the balance at home.
Who We Are: Custom Brands Group, a division of Hunter Douglas provides custom window treatments to businesses large and small. From pre-order solutions to after the sale service, our business can be a bit complicated and we’re looking for exceptional, service-minded individuals who love to make people’s lives easier to join our growing team!
What You Will Do: The Senior Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing Human resource-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Human Resources team and leaders supporting several locations and remote sales teams.
We are looking for a Senior Human Resources Generalist who is an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization, excellent and effective communications skills (verbal and written), ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality, excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations, proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, proficiency with or the ability to learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Assists in the coordination of compliance training and organizational development programs as related to human resources and employment laws.
- Develops and delivers informational presentations and training programs
- Coordinates employee onboarding to include; offer letter preparation, background checks, drug screens, employee orientations and documentation, and other employee-related programs.
- Prepares and submits all new hire and employee payroll changes
- Responds to inquiries regarding payroll, benefits, policies, procedures and programs in a timely manner.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory
- Maintains confidential record keeping and reporting
- Monitors unemployment claims and appeals process
- Participates in tracking annual department goals, objectives and systems.
- Assists in HR budget preparation for local office
- Facilitates and tracks the annual performance review process for assigned locations
- Promote and support employee recognition and rewards programs
- Completes verification of employment requests
- All other duties as assigned by management such as special projects, job descriptions, HR procedure manual maintenance etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- 3 to 5 years of human resources experience supporting multiple locations
- At least one year of human resource management experience preferred
- SHRM-CP or PHR a plus
Generous Benefits Include:
- Several medical and dental plans with company contribution to select from!
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off for Work/Life Balance
- Paid Holidays + Floating Personal Holiday
- Employee Discounts on Window Products
- Pet, Auto, and Home Insurance Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Virtual Wellness Program