Senior IT Systems Engineer, Database Administrator
IT SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER, DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
As a Senior Systems Engineer, Database Administrator on the Hunter Douglas IT team you will be primarily responsible for the overall database architecture, development and maintenance of the databases used enterprise wide. You will work closely with the various teams to ensure SQL queries are optimal and perform without issues. You will also assist the team with Unix/Linux OS and Netapp SAN storage administration as well as system backups via Commvault software.Acceptable Training and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field and a minimum of 6-8 years DBA experience
- installations and upgrades of Oracle 11g, 12c, 18c and 19c. Other databases such as MSSQL 2012-2017, MYSQL, AWS Aurora, and Postgres are desired.
- Previous experience with administration of in-house enterprise hardware, O/S, and SAN storage is desired.
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services (AWS) service stack is a plus.
- Design and execute overall database architecture strategy, standards and practices as part of a team.
- Work closely with project teams to develop data models that support business processes.
- Support all areas of the enterprise, ensuring all databases run at optimal performance.
- Work with development teams on designing, reviewing and optimizing SQL queries.
- Proactively identify and troubleshoot databases performance issues.
- Oversees and performs documentation, testing and debugging on a project basis.
- Provides guidance and training to less-experienced staff.
- Work directly with end users and other technical teammates to deliver projects.
- Assist with Unix/Linux OS and Netapp SAN storage administration.
- Learn and support a variety of systems and applications.
- Troubleshoot problems and create solutions/options for resolution.
- Perform testing & review of all changes/solutions.
- A strong desire to continuously teach themselves new things.
- Participate in on-call rotation and occasional off-hours activities (system support, DR tests, quarterly maintenance weekends, DBMS upgrades, etc.).
- Project Management, time Management and Multitasking across a wide variety of projects.
- Solid knowledge of Apache HTTP server a plus.
- Expert knowledge of database tools (sqlplus, data pump, SQL Developer, etc)
- Expert knowledge of database systems, table design and query optimizations.
- Expert knowledge in the planning, designing and architecture of database systems.
- Solid knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Manager (12c/13c) for monitoring and tuning.
- Solid knowledge of Unix/Linux/Windows operating systems.
- Solid knowledge of designing and administering backups. (Commvault a plus)
- Solid knowledge of designing and performing disaster recovery tests.
- Solid knowledge of researching issues as they arise.
- Solid knowledge of terminal emulation to access and support all systems.
- Solid knowledge of scripting (shell, AWK, Perl, etc)
- Solid knowledge of MS Office products.
- Basic knowledge of SAP BASIS functions.
- Basic knowledge of HANA and/or S/4 HANA.
- Ability to function in an environment where small teams perform multiple complex technical tasks.
- Ability to discuss systems in both technical and lay terms.
- Ability to apply critical thinking, multi-tasking, prioritizing, patience, motivation.
- Ability to think, respond quickly and accurately under stress.
- Ability to demonstrate solid verbal and written communication skills to effectively respond to customers.
- Ability to manage/deliver projects.
- Ability to perform job duties with limited supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate consistent job performance and professional demeanor.
- Ability to exhibit initiative in serving customer needs in a timely fashion.
- Ability to resolve difficult customer situations through creative problem-solving while maintaining non-emotional, professional behavior.
- Ability to clearly articulate the reasons for their selected solutions.
About the Company:
Hunter Douglas is the world’s leading manufacturer of window coverings. Our strength is our ability to develop innovative, high-quality, proprietary products that can be found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the globe. Across the board and throughout the world, we have set new standards in research, design and technology. By constantly innovating and pairing our designs with the most elegant performance fabrics, we create long-lasting unique window treatments whose beauty, functionality, durability, and innovation are simply like no other.
About the Window Fashions Division:
Hunter Douglas Window Fashions Division is located in Broomfield, Colorado, midway between Boulder and Denver with outstanding views of the Rockies. The campus encompasses 756,000 square feet of office and manufacturing space. Roughly 1000 employees work at this location to produce proprietary and upscale products such as Duette® Honeycomb Shades,
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
- Generous paid time off that accrues immediately; 11 paid holidays, new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical, dental, vision plan, life, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, flexible spending accounts, pre-paid legal, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program; on-site managed fitness center free to employees.
- Generous discount on window coverings.
- Charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!