Leader of Learning Operations
LEADER OF LEARNING OPERATIONS
Hunter Douglas is the established worldwide design leader and most sought after name in custom window fashions and a major manufacturer of architectural products. Ever since we created the aluminum blind in 1946, we have continued to redefine our industry with award-winning revolutionary products that deliver extraordinary style and unrivaled functionality at the window. The belief that great design informs all design is the driving philosophy of our company. It fuels our ongoing development of new and proprietary products that lend exceptional beauty and style to the décor while also providing technologically advanced solutions to everyday practical needs, such as insulation at the window, managing natural light, the convenience of motorization, enhanced child safety, sound absorption and much more. Some may think of it as just covering a window. At Hunter Douglas, we see it as The Art of Window Dressing™.
Hunter Douglas has always been a home for innovative thinkers. Established by entrepreneurs, our culture is one of innovation that attracts the best and the brightest. We pride ourselves as a group of passionate and creative individuals continuously seeking out new and novel ways to advance our company, our industry and our employees. With numerous benefits encouraging wellness and growth, Hunter Douglas regards its people as its most valuable resource.
The Leader of Learning Operations will lead, coordinate and execute the activities of the learning operations team in the analysis, development, implementation, and evaluation of learning and performance support solutions for Hunter Douglas field and fabrication employees. Solutions you will design and lead should optimize the enterprise learning technology ecosystem to drive a personalized, effortless, and modern learning experience for Hunter Douglas employees that impacts business results. Oversee the design and delivery of learning programs to support key initiatives for Hunter Douglas and create learning solutions based on needs, audience size, and complexity of concepts. Manages the work and professional development of a team of Instructional Designers, Video Creators and Editors, and Learning Technology resources and partners with business Subject Matter Experts and other Learning and Development key leaders. Directs and leads the learning technology, instructional design and video team function to ensure high quality, cost effective programs, to include deployment, adoption and configuration of a wide range of learning systems, platforms, tools and applications.
- Serves as lead technology leader for Hunter Douglas Learning Management System, Event Management System, and other Technology platforms supporting all related updates, releases, troubleshooting and deployments.
- Leads as the primary learning technology expert; assesses the effectiveness of current learning technology platforms; proposes new technology learning initiatives to support the achievement of learning business objectives.
- Functions as the learning technology and content development champion for learning solutions to internal stakeholders, establishes service level agreements while fostering a learning culture through educational and technology enhanced instruction.
- Acts as escalation point for all learning technology and content related issues and undertakes decisive measures to aid and assist in problem resolution.
- Maintains, supports and optimizes learning technology (e.g., LMS, virtual learning, video production, learning content development tools).
- Oversees the strategic and operational direction for the learning operations team and effectively communicates, coaches and mentors performance of staff and employees.
- Develops strong working relationships with field regional business leaders and senior leadership to design, develop, and implement learning solutions that support the business.
- Develops, maintains and communicates an annual learning technology roadmap and plan.
- Proactively identify trends in learning technology and propose solutions.
- Leads change management and communications strategy for adopting learning technology, platforms and blended learning solutions.
- Directs the evaluation and quantifiably assesses the overall effectiveness of learning content.
- Directs the delivery of high-impact, interactive, e-learning solutions the support both formal and informal training sessions.
- Maintains the vendor-client relationship between the various training and learning systems, to include having a strong partnership with IT resources for system support and integration.
- Directs, supervises, hires, train, coaches and evaluates performance of learning function staff.
- Expert knowledge in analytical and diagnositc skills with the ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of various e-learning technologies and ability to apply sound ID principles.
- Expert knowledge of technologies and systems used to support education, content development and learning, such as Camtasia, Storyline, Captivate, Articulate required.
- Strong knowledge and experience in leading learning technology implemntation, aquistion, and vendor contract negoations.
- Strong knowledge and experience delivering trianing through broadcast media and online webcast platforms such as WebEX, GoTo Meeting, LearnLive, On24, InEXPO, required.
- Basic knowledge in writing video scripts and video production.
- Ability to be an energetic, forward-thinking, visionary and creative individual with high standards, a professional image and a lead by example the promotes a postiive, team-based environment.
- Ability to be comfortable with ambiquity and change, able to methodically work through complex problems, set priorites, and execute on commitments.
- Ability to be Innovative and look beyond the standard solution.
- Excellent interpersonal, writen, and verbal communciation skills.
- Proven ability to coach, develop, and motivate teams.
Acceptable Training and Experience includes A Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) or advanced degree in Educational Technoogy, IT , Human Resources Systems or a related field. 10+ years of successful experience in a retail or manufacturing business leading learning technology solutions. Minimum of 7-10 years direct experience with Learning Manangement Systems and other learning technology platforms and of system and data integration work with other HR, Talent Management, HRIS, and Performance Management systems. Minumum of 7 years expereince in design and development of instructional material leading teams in all phases of the project life cycle producing creative learning solutions, to include course developmnet and curriculum within a Learning Management System (LMS).