Field Service Manager - HDIS
Posted on 1/27
TITLE: Field Service Manager - HDIS
Flexibility on location-Remote option available
COMPANY/DIVISION: Hunter Douglas Fabrication
DEPARTMENT: Customer Experience
SUPERVISOR: Director of Field Services
JOB SUMMARY (Responsible for Western Region)
This role is focused on effectively managing operational performance and sales growth for the Hunter Douglas Installation Services (HDIS) program. The Field Service Manager will work directly with the Hunter Douglas Sales team to drive dealer engagement and develop a premier network of independent installers. The FSM will be responsible for overseeing the overall installation performance, address all escalated issues and support the installer network in order to grow installation services sales and attain pre-established growth targets for the Field Services team. To be successful the FSM will need to closely partner with the sales team to prioritize and target candidate dealers to increase engagement in the program and in the identification of installer candidates to fill coverage gaps within an assigned territory.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the Hunter Douglas vision, mission, and core values, and is dedicated to exceeding sales targets and profitability objectives.
- Is proficient in the overall program details, process, and messaging to effectively sell and communicate with dealers, installers, and internal partners (sales, customer support, Learning & Development, the product groups, engineering, Etc).
- Work closely with the sales team to identify opportunities to increase dealer engagement and develop a strategy to grow the number of unique dealers using the program within an assigned territory.
- Effectively manages all aspects of the recruitment, processing and managing of Independent Installers, for the HDIS Installer Network which includes improving installer scorecard performance to enhance the overall experience.
- Provides day to day support for HDIS in order to improve operational performance and expense reductions associated with the completion of services within an assigned territory
- Works closely with Customer Support Admin team to help resolve escalated issues and challenges, and create an internal support network to collaborate and help solve problems. NOTE: When appropriate, onsite support may be required to resolve escalated challenges
- Supports the development of best practices for all field service programs, with special attention paid to the overall customer experience. Works to establish quality and service standards, as well as establishing and enforcing installation standard guidelines.
- Helps build and develop third-party installation partners. Communicates regularly with the contractors on expectations, new programs and processes, and opportunities for improvement. Works with the L&D department, technical support, and operations to ensure the needs of the installer community are represented.
- Work closely with the training teams to identify ways to bring new installers into the industry and HDIS program, as well as identifying and establishing the right partners for the program.
- Uses in-the-field feedback to craft new solutions and ideas on how Hunter Douglas can grow in the field service industry, and specifically with the HDIS programs.
- Acts as an advocate for all Hunter Douglas programs and product groups, working diligently to improve adoption and grow sales.
SKILL and ATTRIBUTE REQUIREMENTS
- Appearance – Must maintain appropriate work attire that professionally represents the company.
- Adaptability – Ability to perform a variety of tasks and being able to change assignment or direction on short notice.
- Coaching Others – Demonstrates the ability to coach and develop others through effective training and communication skills.
- Communication – Must be able to express himself or herself clearly and effectively when talking with customers and employees.
- Cooperation – Works well with others, takes time to help customers and co-workers achieve their objectives and goals.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving – Identifies problems, gathers data, develops and assesses alternative courses of action, and makes timely decisions based on logical assumptions using all available information.
- Driving – Must maintain State-issued Driver’s License, adhere to all laws and regulations and keep a satisfactory driving record.
- Initiative and Motivation – Actively tries to influence events to achieve Company objectives and goals and is a “self-motivated, self-sufficient, self-starter.”
- Organization and Independence – Can establish priorities and course of action for managing multiple tasks and takes action based upon personal conviction and intuition.
- Planning – Establishes course of action, allocates resources, uses time efficiently, and is personally well organized.
This position is moderately supervised and as such requires a high degree of self-discipline in order to be effective and successful. Out of town and overnight travel is required and is likely to constitute up to 40%-50% of a typical work month depending on the requirements to attain and/or exceed expected performance objectives and the overall needs of the business. When traveling, judicious use of company expenses is expected and required.
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
- Accrued paid time off based on years of service, other family time off benefits available
- Medical, Dental, Vision plan, Life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, Dependent life, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution
- Employee development including education tuition assistance
- Robust wellness program with access to monthly virtual classes through Wellbeats and monthly company wellness challenges.
- Generous discount on window coverings, charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, dependent scholarships, and more!
Pay Range: $75,000 - $110,000 15% bonus target