Continuous Improvement Manager
Continuous Improvement Manager
Innovation and excellence are a huge part of the culture at Hunter Douglas and continuous improvement efforts are essentially in driving us forward as an organization. We are looking for a “Lean Leader” at our Cumberland, MA facility that has a passion for finding more efficient and effective ways to work. As our CI manager you will provide leadership and insights throughout the kaizen process. We would rely on you to facilitate a culture of continuous improvement and implement lean manufacturing principles that lead to employee empowerment, elimination of waste, and improvements in safety, quality, service and cost. Your day to day will consist of creating and thinking outside of the box. Your influence in this role will be widespread and could affect all areas of the organization, not just manufacturing. You will have the ability to make an impact quickly. You will also be a part of a great community in Cumberland that thrives on positive relationships and collaboration.
- You are a change agent and can persuade people to take action and change.
- You have a continuous improvement mindset and are committed to eliminating all forms of waste.
- You are resilient in the face of challenges.
- You are creative and innovative and can effectively share your ideas with others and get input.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent (e.g. Business Administration).
- 3+ years’ experience leading and managing people, departments and organizations, with production/plant
management leadership preferred
- Experience leading/facilitating multiple kaizen events and/or key participant role in a large plant lean transformation initiative.
- Experience in manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma Certification preferred.
- Multi-site support experience preferred.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work without close supervision; ability to effectively handle multiple projects
with track record of successful project completion
- Considers information and evaluates possible courses of action and generates solutions to problems
- Manage goals and high-quality work while maintaining a safe environment
- Institute a culture of continuous improvement for quality and efficiency
- Foster and promote an environment of collaboration to drive a high-performance culture
- Work independently, make sound decisions regarding daily functions/priorities
- Proven ability to adapt and manage effectively in a changing environment
- Must be precise with the highest focus on quality and the customer experience
What you will do:
- Identify opportunities and lead Kaizen events that provide quantifiable and sustainable results.
- Develop and communicate metrics for measurement of continuous improvement; monitor and analyze quantitative and qualitative results related to initiatives on a continual basis.
- Drives the adherence of standard work and ensures the integration with Lean Management System.
- Provide leadership by mentoring associates in the use of Lean tools, ensuring transfer of knowledge, and creating a
culture of continuous improvement.
- Track, monitor, and report regularly on project status; monitor product and process improvement milestones to
ensure on-time completion and sustainability.
- Analyze, develop, ratify, implement, and standardize manufacturing best practices across the CI Managers and
- Establish collaborative relationship with local plant management.
- Develop ways to share best practices (Yokoten) across the organization and network with other sites.
About Hunter Douglas in Cumberland:
- Cumberland Hunter Douglas is the #1 Employer of Choice in Allegany County.
- We are centrally located in the beautiful Appalachian Mountains and only 2 hours from Baltimore, MD and within an hour drive to West Virginia, Virginia & Pennsylvania.
- Cumberland was known as the “Queen City” when it became the second largest city in Maryland.
- George Washington first military headquarters was built here after the French & Indian War.
- Cumberland has 4 distinct seasons with warm summers & moderate winters.
- The historic downtown pedestrian mall in Cumberland is an attraction for tourists and locals alike including:
- Western Maryland Railway Station
- Arts & Entertainment District
- Canal Place Heritage Area
- The Great Allegany Passage
- Allegany Museum
- 5 days of PTO accrued in your first year, 9 paid holidays, 40 hours of Maryland Paid, Sick, Safe, Personal Leave
- Medical ( Kaiser or Cigna), HSA and FSA flexible spending accounts, dental ( Delta Dental), a vision plan ( VSP), STD, LTD, and Company paid employee AD&D, life insurance. Home and Auto, Legal, and Pet Insurance options
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, and a college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition reimbursement
- Robust wellness program with access to monthly virtual classes through Wellbeats and monthly company wellness challenges.
- Generous discount on window coverings, charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships
Pay range for this role: $111 - $147 with a 15% discretionary bonus