Director, Supply Chain Planning
Who Are We:
Hunter Douglas is the world market leader in window coverings and the most sought after name in custom window fashions. Our strength lies in our ability to develop innovative, high quality, proprietary products found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the world.
Director of Supply Planning is an experienced leader that is responsible for the planning of common SKUs in the Hunter Douglas network and developing strategies/processes to ensure material availability across Hunter Douglas North America.
This position will help drive the strategic and tactical vision of the supply planning organization. This position will be accountable for the execution of weekly planning of purchase orders (PO) and stock transfer orders (STO) that ultimately results in a consensus supply plan of common SKUs. Qualified candidates must also be able to identify non-optimal business practices and be able to research, design, present and implement alternative systemic solutions, keep abreast of new inventory management tools and technologies, share best practices and understand the impact to the supply chain. This position involves a high level of interaction with a variety of cross divisional departments and business functions at a senior level. This role will also work directly with vendors and internal manufacturing plants to resolve immediate delivery issues (expediting) as well as ongoing process integration activities that result in a lower total overall cost of doing business.
- Ensure on time material availability to support operational needs as well as Identify and resolve material shortage problems.
- Develop integrated plans and KPIs to monitor performance. To ensure uninterrupted supply of material- on time delivery, days inventory on hand, inventory turns, vendor on time delivery, inventory dollars, etc.
- Provide leadership and direction to all strategic supply planning initiatives and implement policies, best-practices, and KPI tracking across the business.
- Manage the network supply planning team, including setting group and employee goals, providing formal and informal feedback, and coaching direct reports towards high performance.
- Ensure the network planning team prepares and issues purchase orders (PO) and stock transfers (STO) for common SKU’s throughout the Hunter Douglas network.
- Ensure stakeholder acceptance and collaboration with supply planning and the S&OP Supply Review process.
- Drive processes for product life cycle changes such that risks are mitigated for excess and obsolete inventory.
- Review network capacity planning processes to identify demand and supply imbalances and create recommendations to resolve
- Establish and maintain safety stock targets for each SKU as well as monitor adherence to those targets, and provide visibility to supply chain leadership team as needed.
- Ensure matters are forwarded to appropriate team members to resolve issues and keep everyone apprised of situation.
- Develop and implement programs to optimize inventory turns and improve working capital performance.
- Provides input to assist in vendor contract strategies, processes, and operational requirements.
- Drive results in a matrix environment.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. MBA or other advanced degree is preferred
- 10 years of relevant supply chain experience is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of the End to End Supply Chain flow and interdependencies across functions is required.
- Operations & Manufacturing experience needed
- Significant level of understanding of best practices in supply chain/materials management is required.
- Experience leading change management initiatives is required.
- An entrepreneurial self-starter with strong analytical skills, oral and written communication skills, and the ability to partner and communicate across functional levels is required.
- MS Office proficiency, specifically with Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- SAP knowledge is required.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools, training and/or certification is preferred.
Hunter Douglas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply