Senior Financial Analyst
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
Summary of the Position
Hunter Douglas is seeking a motivated Financial Analyst that will be responsible for conducting various financial activities including analysis, budgeting, modeling, forecasting, consolidation and reporting to provide decision support to senior management. The Financial Analyst’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, monitoring actual financial performance in comparison to budget and/or forecast, analyzing and interpreting variances, preparing a variety of reports and providing insight, and data collection and validation. He or she will have the ability to own complex processes and contribute to the team environment of the FP&A department.
If you are looking to join a global organization that is not only stable but THE market leader in its space, this is the role for you!
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Provide valuable performance analysis and reporting to senior management on a timely basis. Highlight and provide insight on key business performance risks, issues, and opportunities to ensure continuous progress towards achieving financial and performance goals.
- Liaise with executive management, division controllers and financial staff and department managers regarding the financial activities of the divisions as necessary.
- Assist with the preparation of meaningful budgets and forecasts.
- Identify areas to improve the effectiveness of financial planning and financial reporting activities.
- Consolidation of management reports.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analyses as requested; Special Projects as required.
- Perform general accounting tasks as required.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on details and accuracy are needed to synthesize large quantities of data, identify trends and translate them into insight for management.
- Maintain flexibility in a fast paced environment and continuously evolve to meet changing business needs.
- A quick learner with a strong professional curiosity and exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment and display solid organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Self-starter and motivator with the ability to remain focused and work with limited supervision, perform well under pressure, manages multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 2-5 years relevant experience, preferably in Accounting.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with strong emphasis on Excel.
- SAP experience strongly preferred.
- Hyperion experience a plus.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Possible travel required.
$90,000 - $110,000 with bonus opportunity
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, onsite.
Thursday and Friday, remote.