Please contact MAU Temp service to apply:
1619 W. Floyd Baker Blvd.
Gaffney, SC 29340
Please note positions are temp to hire within 90 days.
General - The Material Handler position is a non-exempt position responsible for maintaining production and distribution of product by pulling orders from inventory and receiving/delivering production materials.
Policy Making Responsibility – The Material Handler will have no policy making responsibility.
Decision Making Responsibility - Routine decisions include, but are not limited to, decisions in regard to pulling orders from inventory and receiving/delivering production materials.
Supervisory Responsibility – This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Safety – Employees are responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, regulations and policy procedures. Employee responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Complying with all safety rules and regulations
- Reporting any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor
- Maintaining floor safety discipline by interceding with fellow employees, who may engage in rule violations and/or unsafe, unhealthy activities
- Communicating to management those employees who persist in violations of safety rules and/or procedures
- Wearing required personal protective equipment properly and reporting any defective PPE
- Reporting all near misses, accidents, injuries or illnesses, including Muscular Skeletal symptoms or disorders
The essential functions of this position may include any or all of the following, to be performed alone, or with assistance from others:
A.) Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock and recording the location of inventory.
B.) Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders.
C.) Maintains in process inventory at work centers by delivery and opening materials and supplies.
D.) Documents materials and supplies disposition by recording units delivered and location of units.
E.) Receives credit-return material and supplies from production by verifying materials and supplies code and lot number and quantity, then placing materials in stock.
F.) Prepares finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading and securing product.
G.) Documents Product Shipment by recording units shipped.
H.) Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections and making operator repairs.
I.) Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
J.) Other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager
Essential Job Activities
It is essential that the Material Handler spend 85% of his/her time at a workstation to perform the job.
Essential Physical Demands and Working Conditions2
In this position, the employee will be subjected to physical demands requiring:
- Ability to mid range lift and carry occasionally up to 75 pounds
- Ability to high lift occasionally up to 120 lbs
- Ability to push/pull occasionally up to 42 lbs, and rarely up to 72 lbs
- Ability to perform standard body movements2:
- frequent standing and walking around
- frequent bending, squatting, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing
- Ability to use a computer including visual acuity and hand-eye coordination
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in English
- Ability to tolerate moderate office noise levels
Hours of work – The normal work hours for this position are 12 hour rotating shifts. Overtime might be required.
Occasional overtime may be required. Travel is estimated to be less than 5% of work time.
Standards for performing essential functions
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective work relationships.
- Ability to communicate information well both in written and verbal form.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to work and keep pace in fast paced environment
- Ability to perform basic computer functions
- Ability to work in a team environment and solicit the assistance of co-workers
- Compliance with Hunter Douglas and Mermet policies and codes of conduct.
The Material Handler position has the following required (or preferred, as indicated) education, experience and skills:
- Preferred: Forklift License
One or more years experience as a Material Handler, with RF experience
Prior forklift experience, preferably Stand-up (Cherry Picker) as well as Sit-down
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language
- Excellent organization skills and problem solving ability
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Must be detail-oriented and pay close attention to accuracy
- Ability to work and keep pace in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and solicit the assistance of other personnel