About Hunter Douglas:
Beautiful design, industry-leading innovation, and a highly entrepreneurial global culture - all parts of your daily life at Hunter Douglas, the world’s leader in window fashions and maker of iconic architectural products.
Our nine decade history has created a legacy of innovations and achievements. Most recently, we're pioneering exciting new digital technologies that transform stylish window treatments into intelligent smart shades for today's connected homes.
With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers can thrive.
About the Job
The Production Manager is responsible for managing the day to day activities of the Production department. The Manager works with the Director of Operations to efficiently prioritize team efforts and to assure that Safety, Quality, Production goals, and shipments are achieved or exceeded. The Production Manager directs and coordinates the activities of others; sets the goals and expectations of the indirect and direct labor force reporting to the production department; works with department supervisor to maintain productions quotas and enforces LEAN methodology.
- Utilize Hunter Douglas Lean Management system tools such as Leader Standard Work, Task Standard Work, Plan to Actual boards, Key Performance Indicators, & Idea Board.
- Effectively communicate with other shifts, support groups, and employees supervised. Able to constructively resolve conflicts as necessary.
- Ensure consistent quality of product is achieved according to internal specifications & external customer expectations.
- Track production and ensure that all deadlines and schedules are met; monitor, update & coordinate production staffing & output plans depending on workload & production schedule.
- Ensures maximum productivity by working with department supervisor to ensure he/she is monitoring flow & adjusting staffing as necessary.
- Leads troubleshooting activities, facilitating contact and follow-up with support groups such as Maintenance & Material Handling.
- Contributes to a culture of continuous improvement. Ensures supervisor works with direct labor employees to identify improvement opportunities & initiate action.
- Verifies associates rotate through all the tasks required as needed to achieve a high level of cross training. Verifies training of new employees and re-training of present employees in processes and methods occur as required.
- Ensure all materials/parts have been properly scanned prior to incorporating in the product to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Initiates maintenance work orders to keep production equipment maintained and operating.
- Documents work completed; contributes to upkeep and updating of required paperwork such as procedures, records, logs, documents, manuals, etc. Completes all necessary documentation at the end of shift.
- Coordinates raw material logistics with operators and Warehouse.
- Provide input for annual employee reviews and disciplinary actions.
- Leads the team in housekeeping and environmental compliance.
Lead associates in daily stretches at the beginning of the work shift.
Have a minimum of 5 year/s of fabrication or manufacturing experience. High school diploma or equivalent, prefer a college certificate or degree. This position will require coaching, training and mentoring skills. Must have basic computer and math skills, have working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Must work irregular hours when necessary.
The Production Manager should possess all of the following qualities to ensure successful job performance.
- Analytical Reasoning and Problem Solving – Identifies problems, gathers data, develop and assess alternative courses of action, and make timely decisions based on logical assumptions using all available information.
- Articulate Communication – Must be able to verbally present information clearly and effectively when talking with people or using e-mail.
- Prioritizing and Planning– can establish priorities and course of action for managing multiple tasks; can allocate resources, use time efficiently, and is personally well organized.
- High Energy – Establish and maintain high activity levels.
- Initiative and Motivation – Actively tries to influence events to achieve objectives and goals. Self-starter who works well without close supervision and takes personal satisfaction in job performance.
- Action Oriented - Makes timely decisions based on the best available information; has the confidence to make decisions in uncertain circumstances and balances information gathering and analysis activities with an urgency to take action to achieve goals.
- Drive for Results - Maintains high standard of performance, and an emphasis on results over activity; develops measures for tracking progress in meeting objectives;
- Leadership - Develops high-performance teams by establishing a spirit of cooperation and cohesion for achieving goals.
This position may require the use of personal protective equipment, hand and power tools.