Credit and Collections Representative
Custom Brands Group, a division of Hunter Douglas, provides custom window treatments to businesses large and small. From pre-order solutions to after the sale service, our business can be a bit complicated and we’re looking for exceptional, service-minded individuals who love to make people’s lives easier. We know we’re winning when our products become our customers “go to” solution and our Customer Service team prides itself on helping our organization fulfill this goal.
Advance the Company core values, mission & vision statements through a combination of an understanding of the brand positioning, customer service strategy and a thorough understanding of standard policies reflective of the customers’ requirements. The primary purpose of the Credit Representative at Custom Brands Group is to assist the Credit Supervisor/Director and ensure expedience in invoicing & collections.
- Execute account calls in an expeditious manner, including but not limited to collections, correspondence and account maintenance.
- Email communications to customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts.
- Enlist efforts of other departments when necessary, including but not limited to sales & senior management, to accelerate account reconciliation process.
- Review open accounts for collection efforts and notate all interactions.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Process prepayments and work the daily hold list.
- Deliver superior customer service to dealers & sales departments.
- Resolve client-billing issues and rescue accounts receivable in delinquency to minimize loss.
- Fulfill weekly & monthly reporting requirements as designated; review & monitor assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports.
- Assist Director of Credit in realizing all departmental goals; periodic, sporadic, specific or other, as assigned.
- Provide feedback when prompted and/or pressing regarding day-to-day operations, and offer recommendations for improvements or enhancements to job processes to promote identification and elimination of account delinquency.
- Complete other assigned duties and tasks necessary to support the Credit and Accounts Receivable Department.
- Utilize a functional knowledge-base of required software and technology systems.
- Two years or more of experience in high-volume corporate collections.
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Proficient with Google email and Google documents.
- Proficient in general computing (i.e. email/chat/internet navigation) and the capacity to become accomplished in SAP ERP, SAP CRM, Direct Web Intranet, ACD phone and other systems as required.
- High school diploma/GED (or equivalent).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The ideal candidate for this position will embody a combination of the experience and attributes described herein.
- Applicable knowledge of billing & collections procedures.
- Effective written & verbal communication abilities.
- Commitment to punctuality & attendance.
- Problem solving/critical thinking abilities.
- Ability to prioritize & manage multiple responsibilities & deadlines.
- Collaborative attitude; autonomous aptitude.
- Fluency in English required (auditory as well as written); bilingual ability a plus.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this position, however may not be all-inclusive. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to sit for several consecutive hours while manipulating standard office/call center equipment, technology and materials.
- Ability to speak & hear clearly, and to accurately transcribe the spoken word into succinct notes.
- Ability to stand, crouch, bend & reach, and occasionally to lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
This job operates in a remote environment with occasional local office visits. There is little to no travel required for this position.