About Hunter Douglas:
Hunter Douglas is the established worldwide design leader and most sought after name in custom window fashions and a major manufacturer of architectural products. Ever since we created the aluminum blind in 1946, we have continued to redefine our industry with award-winning revolutionary products that deliver extraordinary style and unrivaled functionality at the window. The belief that great design informs all design is the driving philosophy of our company. It fuels our ongoing development of new and proprietary products that lend exceptional beauty and style to the décor while also providing technologically advanced solutions to everyday practical needs, such as insulation at the window, managing natural light, the convenience of motorization, enhanced child safety, sound absorption and much more. Some may think of it as just covering a window. At Hunter Douglas, we see it as The Art of Window Dressing™.
Hunter Douglas has always been a home for innovative thinkers. Established by entrepreneurs, our culture is one of innovation that attracts the best and the brightest. We pride ourselves as a group of passionate and creative individuals continuously seeking out new and novel ways to advance our company, our industry and our employees. With numerous benefits encouraging wellness and growth, Hunter Douglas regards its people as its most valuable resource.
About the Role:
This role will suit an Accounting professional who is responsive, detail-oriented, has excellent problem solving and communication skills as well as the ability to build solid professional working relationships at all levels.
- Compiles financial information from available resources and feeders to prepare and produce various month-end financial statements.
- Gathers and compiles financial information from accounts receivable, payable and other departments and financial information on a scheduled basis to prepare various month-end statements.
- Reviews the general ledger and adjusts postings to ensure correct and accurate reporting of business unit and department expenditures.
- Analyzes and reconciles accounts to determine whether entries have been posted accurately. Prepares and adjusts entries so that they are correct for inclusion in month-end statements.
- Responds to inquiries from departments to identify and explain variances between the budget and actual charges.
- Accurately records corporate charges on the books of the division.
- Gathers financial data into proper format in order to allow the corporate finance department to prepare and file tax returns.
- Files the state sales and use tax for the divisions.
- Tracks capital project accounts for business units and departments. Reviews all related postings to insure that they have been applied to the proper accounts using the correct code number. Responds to inquiries from Department leadership for additional information that supports postings.
- Assists Controller on an as needed basis with additional projects.
Key Qualifications Include:
- Solid knowledge of the principles of accounts receivable and payable.
- Solid knowledge of the principles of Accounting/Finance
- Solid knowledge of all Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Solid knowledge of sales tax laws, use tax and corporate income tax laws.
- Solid knowledge of computer use and software such as Word, Excel and SAP.
- Solid knowledge of SAP and the extrapolation of data for Accounting/Finance reporting purposes.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective work relationships.
- Ability to perform work activities in a self-directed manner.
- Ability to respond to inquiries and requests from departments in a timely fashion.
Acceptable training and experience includes a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance and three to five years of practical experience working with journal entries, account reconciliation, accounts receivable, and tax preparation and filing.
Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Equal Opportunity Employment