Company: Hunter Douglas
Hunter Douglas is a leading manufacturer and marketer of custom and sizable window covering products including blinds and shades. The Hunter Douglas family of companies is headquartered in the Netherlands. Founded in 1919, we are committed to delivering innovative, high quality products to consumers under the most recognized brand in our industry today.
The primary role of the Logistics Analyst – is to support the execution of the freight strategy for the Hunter Douglas North America business. The Logistics Analyst is an integral part of the Transportation team providing key market analysis/trends, supplier identification and outreach, RFI/RFP development and execution, supplier response analysis and key industry analysis with respect to freight trends relative to the Hunter Douglas North America business. The ideal candidate will act as the primary transportation contact for all Hunter Douglas North America facilities for transactional issues, responsible for but not limited to handling pricing discrepancies, service issues, keeping abreast of market changes and financial impact to HDNA, tracking carrier performance etc.
- Developing data based deliverables for spend analysis and baseline development.
- Monitor, track, and create tools related to fuel costs, freight indexes, and category related trends.
- Manage the vendor scorecard process and performance metrics to include model creation, KPI tracking, and vendor communication around outcome.
- Use analytic techniques to further support freight and supply chain projects.
- Meet with regularly, and support Logistics managers on developing strategy around carrier negotiations, projects, and category data planning.
- Support deck creation, business improvement initiatives, and participate in all contract negotiations as needed.
- Act as a business process resource for SAP supporting Senior Logistics leadership in training, data processing, carrier set up and change and other activities as necessary to support the business.
- Act as main contact for invoice reconciliation with US Bank and Platinum Circle Partners
- Use relevant data to investigate cost variances and recommend changes to reduce unnecessary freight costs
- At least 2 –5 years of progressive transportation, supply chain, operations, and/or analytical experience
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Supply Chain or other relevant field
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel/Access/PowerPoint, and data modeling creation.
- Must be confident in ability to analyze large amount of data and provide leadership with high level directives to support decision making.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and/or operations environment preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Ability to work in a cross functional team and with multiple sometimes competing priorities required.
- Demonstrated ability and expertise to utilize quantitative and analytical skills to assess business situations and put forward plausible solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and small amounts of information to define actionable steps.
- Experience with freight analysis
Hunter Douglas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply