District Sales Manager
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER
Beautiful design, industry-leading innovation, and a highly entrepreneurial global culture - all parts of your daily life at Hunter Douglas, the world’s leader in window fashions and maker of iconic architectural products.
Our nine-decade history has created a legacy of innovations and achievements. Most recently, we are pioneering exciting new digital technologies that transform stylish window treatments into intelligent smart shades for today's connected homes.
With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers can thrive.
The primary function of the District Sales Manager (DSM) is to grow sales and share. In addition, the DSM will effectively manage the day-to-day activities associated with the assigned geographic sales territory, develop new customers, and to raise the alliance commitment of dealers at all levels. The DSM is directly responsible for the supervision, maintenance and condition of the territory as it pertains to driving sales, programs, profits, and overall business guidance. The ideal DSM candidate will be located in the Northwest part of WA. (North Seattle to the Boarder and Peninsula) and will report directly to the Regional Sales Manager.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Relationship Building – Services, maintains, and increases existing business by developing professional, progressive, and trusted relationships with our customers
- Prospecting – Searches for & develops new business for incremental growth by establishing new accounts
- Dealer Training – Conducts product knowledge training seminars with dealers’ sales staffs to facilitate the proper representation and sale of Hunter Douglas products
- Business Building – Sells sample books, displays, and collateral materials for the purpose of supporting and building dealer & Company sales
- Marketing and Promotion Implementation – Presents all marketing and advertising promotions and programs to customers while offering recommendations and assistance to build Hunter Douglas sales
- Territory Management – Sets up territory into coherent, manageable areas and zones. Creates and maintains Customer Profiles. Maintains a call schedule consistent with GSM and RSM guidelines.
- Discount Management – Maintains a proper balance of company profitability, sales growth, and market share
- Sales Analysis – Uses available sales reporting capabilities to provide the basis for analysis for the purpose of developing objectives and goals for positive and progressive sales development and growth
- Territory Reporting – Keeps RSM informed of pertinent and relevant activity occurring in the assigned sales territory through weekly and monthly reports completed thoroughly and on-time
- Conflict Management – The DSM must conduct a thorough investigation to discover facts concerning all significant customer conflicts occurring in the assigned sales territory. Develops fair and equitable solutions to problems and makes recommendations for resolution to customers and company management.
- Team Participation – Establishes and maintains effective relationships with all Hunter Douglas personnel by employing fact, tact, and sensitivity to the needs of others
SKILL AND ATTRIBUTE REQUIREMENTS:
- Adaptability – Performs a variety of tasks and is able to change assignment or direction on short notice
- Articulate Communication – The DSM is able to verbally express himself or herself clearly and effectively when talking with individuals or groups, in person or by other means
- Presentation Speaking – Possesses the ability to speak in front of small or large groups. Able to convey products and program information with a confident and persuasive delivery.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving – Identifies problems, gathers data, develops and assesses alternative courses of action leading to timely decisions or recommendations based upon logical interpretation of all available data
- High Energy – Maintains high activity levels
- Initiative and Motivation – Actively influence events to achieve objectives and goals. Works well without close supervision and takes personal satisfaction in job performance
- Organization – Establishes priorities and courses of action for managing multiple tasks
- Independence – Takes action based on personal conviction and intuition and does not rely solely on the opinion of others for guidance
- Persuasiveness – Uses appropriate and creative methods and styles of communication to gain acceptance of a proposal or new concept
- Planning – Establishes courses of action, allocates resources, uses time efficiently, and is personally well organized
- Resilience – Maintains effectiveness and a positive attitude in the face of disappointment or rejection
- Cooperation – Works well with others, takes time to help customers and co-workers to achieve their objectives and goals
- Preferred Residence in Northwest Seattle
- Four-year college degree preferred
- 3-5 years of outside B2B sales experience in a related home furnishings field
- Previous selling experience through architectural and dealer networks is a plus
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel is a must
- Multi-tasking abilities essential
- Clean driving record
WORKING CONDITIONS:The DSM’s time is largely unsupervised and requires a high degree of self-discipline to be productive. Out of town and overnight travel is very common for many territories. The use of company expenses within guidelines is mandatory. Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License and a good driving record is a condition of continued employment.