Senior Post Production Manager
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu is seeking a Senior Post Production Manager to supervise the post-production of select scripted and unscripted projects, including co-productions, films, documentaries, and specials. As a post production executive at Hulu, you will be a vital part of an original’s life cycle from greenlight, through production and post, to launch and beyond. You will support Hulu’s original content efforts by managing the general workflow and timeline of original projects and of assets between Hulu and our studio and production partners. You will build and maintain an efficient post-production workflow, oversee asset management and content delivery, and ensure Originals launch effectively on Hulu – while making sure we exceed our high-quality bar, offering our subscribers only the best entertainment experiences.
The right person for this role is flexible, self-directed, and accustomed to grace under pressure in lean environments. You are technical- and operations-minded and can tackle highly ambiguous problems in the post production space. If you are someone who balances multiple and diverse projects with a strong emphasis on organization, are diligent and quick on your feet – with the tenacity to find the impossible answers and highly innovative ways – then this is a great role for you!
What you'll do
- Oversee a high volume of projects in various phases of production across multiple time zones
- Work with studios, producers, production companies, and vendors through project lifecycle
- Develop and approve post-production budgets and schedules and disseminate updates to key stakeholders
- Forecast launch strategy for assigned projects
- Assess key show post staff and vendors
- Track episodic progress and manage the delivery of all assets from third party productions to Hulu
- Collaborate with various internal teams such as creative, production, business affairs, legal, finance, marketing, PR, and Tech to troubleshoot project challenges and ensure internal needs are fulfilled
- Work strategically and in partnership with internal teams to build, maintain, and improve internal and external processes, workflows, systems, and policies
What to bring
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in post-production
- Minimum of 3 years serving as a Post Production Supervisor on high-end projects and/or overseen multiple projects as a studio or network executive.
- Deep knowledge of post production processes including visual effects, editing, audio, and color
- Familiarization with the current trends and workflows across the industry for UHD, HDR, and Dolby Atmos
- Experience with global workflows and production crews
- Ability to master a variety of technical and content management systems
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Adept at anticipating potential issues, identifying problems, recommending and implementing solutions
- Experience training or mentoring others
- Flexibility for occasional travel, as needed
- BA/BS degree or equivalent industry-relevant experience
- Dedicated production experience
- Proficiency in Airtable
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft and Google suite