Sr. Technical Program Manager, UX Design
Disney Streaming & Hulu is changing how people watch sports, tv & movies. We are a premium streaming TV destination seeking to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. Our mission is to create the best entertainment experience and push the envelope of what’s possible. It’s an incredibly exciting time to work in media as more content creators seek how to engage their audience directly with compelling user experiences. The design team has a pivotal role in giving form to those ideas and continually improve these apps that millions of people use every day. We’re looking for curious, empathetic people who are eager about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some intense curiosity and determination to be the best. If this sounds like something you’re passionate about, come be part of the team that’s powering play.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to join our team. As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will act as a liaison between TPM, Product Design, Product Management, Software Development, Operations, Marketing, and Sales departments (“The Partners”). You will be embedded with the Enterprise Product Design team and play a key role in establishing a robust program around the impactful products they design. Example projects include a B2B product for businesses to run their own ad campaigns on Hulu and an internal tool for running experiments in the core apps. The right person for this role has a passion for and knowledge of design thinking and the personality to lead multi-functional departments in a successful design program that runs across Hulu, Disney+, and a lot more!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Partner with Enterprise Product Design Managers to co-run a team of designers: set clear goals, manage bandwidth, allocate designers accordingly, ensure commitments are met, and maintain the integrity of the team backlog.
- Promote a healthy work-life balance and put the wellness of the team first.
- Encourage and drive collaboration between The Partners and ensure inter-dependencies are understood and planned for effectively.
- Identify design team needs with regards to process, tools, documentation, asset management, etc. Implement and drive required changes to make sure designers can be most efficient.
- Partner with Enterprise Product Design Managers to maintain an ongoing roadmap, taking into account a designer's career desires and company-wide priorities.
- Collaborate with The Partners to institute design processes and cross-functional collaboration models and ensure a smooth product development process.
- Develop and refine metrics that help gauge the happiness and health of the design team.
- Provide clear communication to cross-functional team leads regarding design status, resource requirements, issues, and priorities.
- Identify risks, prioritize and collaborate with partners to resolve in a timely manner.
- Ensure the design teams in all offices are in collaboration with one another and all working toward a consistent design throughout the team’s products.
WHAT TO BRING
- 5+ years experience in running a team in a program management role.
- Experience in user-centered design process, methodologies, and standards.
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical partners.
- Experience working within engineering organizations and keeping them updated on design progress.
- Proactiveness in operational improvements within and outside of your team.
- Ability to work with a distributed team, facilitating tight communications in spite of time zone differences.
- Ability to multitask, analyze opportunities, define successful approaches, and tackle problems.
- Familiarity with design tools and technologies, as well as delivery formats.
- Working knowledge of project management software and Agile framework
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Human-Centered Design or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience and passion working with complex software applications
- Loves film, tv and/or music
- Enthusiasm for streaming products, design thinking and genuine advocacy for our viewer experience