Senior Product Manager
We are looking for a product leader with passion for the intersection of machine learning, search relevance and personalization to help delight our viewers to help them find the right content at the right time.
You will be a key contributor to the end-to-end Search experience and strategy across Hulu, Disney+ and Star+, working directly with the engineering teams that power our modeling and relevance engines, our knowledge graph and taxonomy teams, and our brand and design teams to help build the best possible search experience across multiple platforms and devices. Your expertise will directly influence the viewing experience of millions of users worldwide, with a simple goal: build the most magnificent viewer search experience possible.
What you'll do
- Work closely with the search engineering and analytics teams to help define (and refine) our relevance and personalization models
- Help identify and incorporate new inputs into our knowledge graph and taxonomy
- Work with fellow search PMs, design and user research teams to help inform the future of the search experience
- Help build the site search experience for the fastest growing streaming video services in the world
- Lead and evolve the search experience roadmap, working closely with engineering, product, user experience, and other stakeholders
What you'll bring
- You have at least 5 years of product management experience
- You have experience building partnerships and working cross functionally across technical teams
- You’re an expert at prioritising, knowing when (and why) to make tradeoffs
- You have an ability to make quick and correct decisions to solve complex technical and operational challenges (sometimes several at the same time)
- You’re comfortable working with a globally distributed workforce
- You’re a team player, and focus on supporting team interaction, boosting motivation, and appreciating contributions
- You know how to measure success, and how to consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into key product decisions.
- You have experience using JIRA and other product and project management tools
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- 5 to 7 years of experience serving directly as a Product Manager on a team focused on search and personalization (or as a Product Manager where search is a key component of your role)
- Direct experience applying machine learning and natural language processing to build search and personalization user experiences
- A solid grasp of search design systems, algorithms and modeling which give you the ability to work with designers and engineers to make the right tradeoffs between accuracy and speed
- An innate and impressive ability to synthesize user data and customer research into actionable product insights
- Excellent analytical abilities with strong user empathy and awareness motivated by qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience working with VOD, Live and Linear content is a plus
You’re passionate about machine learning and love speaking with developers on how to leverage ML to build a better search experience. You understand that growing fast means both building new things but also revisiting past assumptions because you’ve experienced working with relevance and personalization modeling at scale. You are creative, collaborative, results-oriented and scrappy. Above all, however, you believe deeply in Disney’s primary mission of storytelling and delivering these stories to the world.