Senior Software Developer - Frontend (Video Engineering)
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Video Playback Engineering team you will help us push the boundaries of what is possible in streaming media. You’ll be part of a sophisticated worldwide team playing streaming media content on the latest web based devices.
We offer an outstanding opportunity for any technologist:
- To work with a world-class team of Engineers.
- To work on award-winning, sophisticated apps and systems.
- To work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- To have an influence on the innovation of streaming products used globally by millions.
- To elevate your career and to transform an industry.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Build our next generation of playback certification platform for all web-based devices.
Design, develop and enhance our various web playback application (standalone or client/server based) running on various platform: such PC, tablet, embedded web device, smart TV, etc ...
Maintain a strong understanding of our native streaming media engine to identify, research and address issues as they arise.
Explore Digital Rights Management (DRM) capabilities and ability to access OS and decryption libraries.
Explore streaming pipeline and understand how videos & audio are delivered and rendered on the device.
Collaborate with various playback specialized teams in China and in the US.
Maintain software best practices, documentation, make sure designs meet requirements, ensure quality and health of the code base.
WHAT TO BRING
- 7+ years of experience as a developer, with strong programming skills and problem solving ability.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, fluent English both written and oral.
- Passion to build software, desire to be an individual contributor in a multi-developer, geographically diverse environment.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
STREAMING MEDIA TECHNOLOGIES
The following streaming media technologies are used, knowledge of these technologies is helpful, but not required:
- Embedded operating systems.
- Codecs AVC, HEVC, AAC, EAC3.
- Adaptive Bitrate Streaming Algorithms.
- Media containers ISOBMFF / CMAF.
- Caption and subtitle formats WebVTT, 608 / 708.
- HTTP Live Streaming (HLS).
- DRM, common encryption, and CDM vendors Widevine and PlayReady.