Lead Software Engineer, Living Room Client Platform
The "Living Room" team at Hulu is responsible for building our modern "10-foot" UI that runs on a number of popular streaming-media devices like the Xbox, PlayStation, Roku, and Fire TV, to name just a few. We're passionate about building the best TV-watching experience for our users in the living room and we want you to help us do it! Your work will directly impact millions of consumers, their experience with our service, and Hulu's business. What will the future of television look like; and will you be a part of it?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with client developers and engineering leadership to create best-of-class, delightful TV-watching experiences.
- Lead initiatives to build the client framework, components and tools required for our client developers to provide new product features at scale.
- Develop the architectural direction and vision for company wide projects as well as across the client team.
- Collaborate with other developers to deliver a modern Hulu client to smart TVs, Xbox, Fire TV, PlayStation, and other streaming-media devices.
- Support and mentor your team members to enable them to become more knowledgeable and achieve their career goals.
WHAT TO BRING
- 6+ years of experience in web or application development and strong programming language and scripting skills.
- A deep understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- In-depth knowledge of web-service and application architecture.
- Independence, the ability to work towards results, and an eagerness to learn new technologies and solve novel problems.
- Excellent communication and cross-team collaboration skills.
- Knowledge in web development frameworks and tools such as React, Redux, or Webpack.
- Experience with Python, MySQL and backend development technologies.
- Experience developing user interfaces in a large and organized codebase is a plus.
- Experience developing for smart TVs, or similar devices is also a plus.
- Strong experience with Scrum methodology.