Lead Research Software Engineer - Recommendation
Disney and Hulu’s Recommendation Research team is seeking a Senior RSDE(Research Software Develop Engineer) to drive the future of recommendation research work for online video streaming services. As a senior member of our research team, you will have a chance to tackle some of the most challenging and exciting algorithmic problems.
The recommendation team analyzes and leverages petabytes of user and content data in order to serve the right content to the right users, and create the best personalization experience in online video. While we stand firmly on statistical and mathematical foundations, we see great value in real world, creative and pragmatic solutions.
An ideal candidate should have rich experiences in developing and leading industry standard large-scale research projects. The ideal candidate will also have experience mentoring and guiding junior team members. If you are someone who is proactive, inquisitive, and innovative in either of these domains, this is a phenomenal role for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive ground-breaking innovation and apply state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to real-world recommendation problems, such as relevance prediction, user modeling, learning to ranking, and natural language understanding.
- Invent and fast iterate on novel solutions to challenging data related problems.
- Develop scalable and efficient methods for large-scale data analysis and model development.
- Collaborate with program managers, and product managers and researchers in an open, creative environment.
- Coach and provide guidance to junior team members.
WHAT TO BRING
- MS or PhD in computer science, EE or other related discipline.
- 4+ years of working experience on large-scale machine learning, user behavior analysis in leading internet companies.
- Experience in personalization technology is highly preferred Familiarity with Java, Python, C/C++ or any other OOP language, familiar with tensorflow, pytorch or other machine learning platform.
- Proven track record of thriving in a fast-paced, data-driven, collaborative and iterative applied research environment.
- Outstanding track record in the areas of machine learning, data mining, or statistical modeling, with evidence through publications in renowned journals, conferences is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.