Lead Software Engineer, Living Room Devices
The "Living Room" team at Hulu is responsible for building our modern "10-foot" UI that runs on a number of popular streaming-media devices like the Xbox, PlayStation, Roku, Fire TV, and Smart TVs to name only a few. We're passionate about building the best TV-watching experience for our users in the living room, and we want you to help us do it! Your work will directly impact millions of consumers, their experience with our service, and Hulu's business. What will the future of television look like; and will you be a part of it?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers, and engineering leadership to create best-of-class, delightful TV-watching experiences.
- Collaborate with other developers to deliver a modern Hulu client to Roku, Xbox, Fire TV, PlayStation, Smart TVs and other streaming-media devices.
- Implement the UI for new product features and initiatives, working closely with other client developers from the Hulu website and mobile apps.
- Utilize data and experimentation to reinforce the value of new product functionality and ensure that we are providing the best experience possible for our viewers.
WHAT TO BRING
- 4+ years of experience in front-end application development and strong programming language and scripting skills.
- A deep understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- Experience developing user interfaces in a large and organized codebase.
- Work samples demonstrating experience in building or architecting great user interfaces.
- Leadership, the ability to identify problems and drive towards solutions, and an eagerness to learn and teach new technologies & solve novel problems.
- Excellent communication and cross-team collaboration skills.
- Experience building applications backed by web-services is a plus.
- Experience developing for Xbox, Roku, Fire TV, or similar devices is also a plus.
- Strong experience with Scrum methodology.