Product Designer - Player Experiences
Hulu’s Product Design team, Watch, is seeking a Product Designer that can join us as we craft the watch experience for every type of viewer (live or on-demand, impaired or power-users, younger or older), on every type of device, for every type of content; past, present or future. We will be the vehicle that bridges watching traditional TV with the future of streaming video. We are looking for a human-centered design-thinker who loves research and who has a passion for crafting media experiences. Bring your love for TV, movies, interaction design, and UX to a team who's dedicated to the evolution to "watching TV".
The ideal person will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for teamwork and open communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement.
We’re seeking a Product Designer who can obsess over the details but can also connect the dots to see the bigger picture. Someone who wants to build a world class product that makes Hulu stand out as the best place to watch TV. From planning to design, testing, and rollout, you’ll use your design sensibility and strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple teams across the company.
Join us and you’ll be part of a team who loves to have fun, think big, and thrives on being at the intersection of Tech and Entertainment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Deliver on the end-to-end design process; translating quantitative and qualitative insights into high quality experiences that drive real results.
- Influence and shape the product and feature design direction by partnering closely with senior designers, PMs, Engineering, and UX Research.
- Rapidly ideate, concept and prototype solutions at the right level of fidelity, with the right tools.
- Contribute to design system and component libraries as necessary.
- Develop and maintain detailed design documentation including specifications, redlines and style guides
- Partner with and mentor associate designers on your team
- Exercise ethical decision-making and do what’s best for our viewers
- Be the voice in the room that always puts the user first
WHAT TO BRING
- 3+ years in Product Design at a technology company
- A strong portfolio demonstrating both personal and team-based work
- A deep arsenal of design tools (Figma, Sketch, InVision, Framer, Mural, Keynote)
- Proficiency in user-centered design thinking methodologies
- Outstanding visual design aesthetics combined with thoughtful UX that captures solutions holistically
- A strong drive in overcoming obstacles to make a product successful
- An understanding of acquisition & conversion, data-informed design
- Ability to articulate, negotiate, and refine design solutions with cross-functional partners
- Excellent prioritization and documentation skills