Senior Product Manager - Localization Management
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced product manager to lead our efforts to create innovative and work on first-in-class localization systems. You will focus on defining the strategy and requirements for our homegrown localization tooling system that will power all of the Disney Streaming Services global applications. You will collaborate closely with the engineering, design, cross product and business operations teams.
Reporting to the Senior Manager - Consumer Experience, and part of the rapidly growing Global Consumer & Engagement team, the candidate will need to be an experienced product leader to drive innovation in improving our tooling needs. As part of the initial focus, you will work on the next generation of localization needs as we continue to expand our business footprint around the globe.
The ideal candidate is collaborative, makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Effectively support the engineering team throughout sprint cycles by proactively removing roadblocks that may impact quality of service and on-time delivery
- Assume product leadership for the localization tools from definition through technical delivery and iterative improvements
- Manage a product throughout the product lifecycle from concept to launch and then operationalize
- Collaborate and coordinate with engineering, design, operations, product leadership, and analytics teams on objectives and business requirements
- Translate inputs and business needs into detailed product requirements documents and user stories for engineering teams to execute
- Manage prioritization and backlog items for engineering teams to ensure maximum value in deliverables
- Contribute to and manages a product roadmap that accomplishes business goals and aligns with the team charter and tenets.
- Aligns KPIs to business goal, ensuring product improvements drive business outcomes
- Drives alignment and maintains accountability with product leadership and non-engineering partners
- Leads decision-making with partners and leadership and communicates effectively across teams
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 2-4 years of experience working within related industry or functional areas
- You have a strong interest in building internal-facing products and features
- You have experience using JIRA and other product and project management tools
- You’ve lead effective product sessions culminating in technical requirements ready for development
- You demonstrate strong attention to detail, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- You know when to raise issues expediently and accurately when blockers arise