Director, Live TV Programming & Partnerships
Hulu’s Live TV team is seeking a Director who will be an outstanding addition to our Content team. The position reports directly to the Senior Vice President of the Live TV team with a focus on growing Hulu’s live linear service and add-on businesses across both Live and SVOD through engaging content partnerships. Day to day activities include fielding linear and add-on programming inquiries and handling general business matters with programmers, supporting contract negotiations and related matters. The role calls for working closely with teams, as well as independently, to develop business strategies, engagement analysis, creation of summaries and highlights for executive leadership and develop methodologies to maintain key information and disseminate efficiently to internal partners. The right candidate is a self-starter, eager to learn, possesses an understanding of the streaming media ecosystem and is experienced in navigating cross-functional relationships. She/He has excellent communication and organizational skills and flexibility to work with content providers and internal departments, including the SVOD content team, Marketing, Product, Technology, Finance and Legal to build consensus around mutually beneficial opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who relentlessly pursues answers and loves to execute. Finally, she/he thinks big, learns quickly, and approaches everything with passion. Join this dynamic content team and steer the future of Live TV with us!WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead projects related to Live TV and Add-on content distribution as well as develop strategic partnerships with network partners. Craft documents and develop processes to summarize sophisticated agreements and data findings
- Build financial models related to the economic requirements of DMVPD carriage agreements and track offers
- Analyze usage metrics and user behaviors behind content consumption, conduct frequent and ongoing viewership and market analysis to inform Hulu strategy
- Collect information from internal and external sources and synthesize into presentations to persuade executives, business leads and collaborators
- Be a key part of the team’s network partner relationships, encouraging teamwork-based collaboration and executing across all stages of the partnership lifecycle (e.g. deal negotiation, technical/operational cooperation, joint marketing initiatives, account management, roadmap planning, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA a plus (but not required)
- 10+ years entertainment/analytical experience, with 3+ years of relationship management with a media/technology focus
- Familiarity with licensing and distribution deals for studio content through broadcast networks, content studios, and content licensors a plus.
- Exceptional skills with Excel and Google Slides with an ability to create a narrative and persuade partners.
- Passionate about entertainment, TV and technology with a deep knowledge of the evolution of the digital/media industries
- Ability to prioritize, identify challenges, quickly devise feasible solution options, disseminate the appropriate information to relevant partners and ultimately bring about timely resolution
- Excellent verbal and written skills with an effortless ability to tailor messages for both business and technical audiences; proficient in delivering prepared presentations to executives/external audiences
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams on technical projects, specifically in translating business objectives/priorities for product management and engineering colleagues
- Availability to travel (10-15%)