Senior Software Developer - In-App Targeting Platform
Hulu's In-App targeting Platform team is seeking a Senior Software Developer who will be an outstanding addition to our technology team. The team is responsible for building the real-time targeting platform to enable Hulu to deliver a dynamic experience to our viewers. The right person for this role is passionate about building systems that are optimized for scalability, security and reliability. If you are someone who loves simple, performant solutions to ambitious problems and is looking for a role that has significant growth potential, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and develop the large-scale, real-time, reliable and globally available targeting platform.
- Build robust and scalable micro-services and offline processing pipelines.
- End to end ownership of backend services: Ideate, review design, build, code-review, test, load-test, launch, monitor performance.
- Collaborate with other team members (including product owners, TPMs, and other business units) to achieve product and business requirements.
- Use a mix of technologies including Java, Python, Kafka, Redis, MySQL, Flink, Spark, AWS.
- Challenge our team and software to be even better.
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Proficiency with Java and/or Python
- Extensive experience building highly scalable, reliable and maintainable services
- Enthusiasm for achieving sub-millisecond gains in service response time
- The quality-first mindset with a focus on test automation and CI/CD
- Great communication, collaboration skills, and a strong teamwork ethic
- The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
- Strive for excellence
- Experience with AWS or other public cloud platforms
- Proficiency in data streaming technologies such as Spark and Flink