Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
The Data Team for Disney Streaming Services (DSS), a segment under the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will build the semantic layer for Looker, MicroStrategy, Tableau, and In-House Tools on top of our big data warehouse, making sure the data is represented to analysts in an accurate, consistent and performant way. You will be a subject matter expert in business intelligence tools, consulting with teams on best practices and own administration tasks such as setting user provisioning, handling security models, and performing upgrades. The ideal candidate understands complex data models, has strong communication skills and has deep experience in business intelligence tools. If you are someone who can find beauty in organized datasets, then this is a great role for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Responsible for design, initial installation, configuration, daily operations, and user support of business intelligence environments for Looker and other BI tools including DEV, QA Production, high availability and disaster recovery instances.
- Manages system security, user provisioning and license compliance within Looker, Thoughtspot, and MicroStrategy environments.
- Provides support to end-users for application connectivity and product usage.
- Works with data engineering to create LookML models to support reporting
- Support upgrades, configuration and troubleshooting for business intelligence tools
- Monitor system and server health
- Troubleshoot connection and performance issues (including troubleshooting some SQL queries)
- Tune business intelligence tools to optimize performance and ensure high availability
- Work with IT to create and monitor backup and logging strategy
- Monitors and tunes BI tools to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Collects and analyzes system operational information for capacity and planning purposes.
- Develops and maintains appropriate system documentation to ensure that the system is supportable by other team members.
- Provides updates to our customers, business and staff on a timely basis for projects and tasks.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience with business intelligence tools, with at least 3 of those years working with Looker (Tableau, Thoughtspot, MicroStrategy experience also helpful).
- Minimum of 3 years focused on tasks like maintaining security, setting up users, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Experience writing and troubleshooting complex SQL queries
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts
- Basic Windows and Linux server administration skills
- Experience working with big data and pulling data from sources such as Hive, Presto, Snowflake, Redshift
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks for projects as well as daily support requests/issues.
- Must be able to effectively interact with both business and technical resources to understand and resolve issues as well as deliver projects.
- Must have problem solving skills in relation to system operations as well as product usage.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with a programming language such as Python
- ETL/ELT experience
- Experience working with data APIs
- Familiarity with setting up SAML/SSO in Business Intelligence tools