Senior Site Optimization Product Marketing Manager
Hulu’s Subscriber Acquisition Product Marketing team is seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) who will be an outstanding addition to the Subscriber Growth Marketing org. As a Sr. PMM at Hulu, this role will work directly with Marketing and Product teams to develop and implement key SEO tactics and a holistic strategy that will improve organic traffic growth for hulu.com, while owning SEO reporting end-to-end. The Sr. PMM will partner closely with Hulu’s non-subscriber experience product team on technical optimizations to improve performance, while also partnering with a diverse set of Marketing teams on establishing a content development strategy to delight our existing and potential customers. We are looking for someone who sees the big picture and has the technical chops to bring this vision to life; an experienced SEO strategist with exposure to Content Marketing and deep data analytics skills. Bring your excellent communication and collaboration skills, unwavering passion for SEO, Google Analytics prowess, and your love of pop culture and entertainment. If you are someone who is both left and right brained, who succeeds in highly collaborative and cross-functional environments, is naturally driven, entrepreneurial, and up for the challenge, then this could be a great fit!WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be the go-to strategist and technical specialist for all things SEO related to hulu.com.
- Be the internal champion for both Hulu.com users and search engine crawlers.
- Own organic search data analysis and reporting end-to-end. Extract meaningful insights from Google Analytics, Google Trends, SearchMetrics, and other sources, in order to drive impactful recommendations broadly across Marketing teams.
- As a Product Marketer, this role is the voice of Hulu's organic users. This involves prioritizing and iterating on key roadmap initiatives which will delight our users while advancing Hulu’s growth objectives. Most importantly, you will be connecting the dots across various Marketing teams with a deep, data-informed understanding of our organic users’ needs.
- As a SEO Product Manager, the Sr. PMM advocates for the search crawler/bot experience. This means clearly defining and writing BRDs, user stories, acceptance criteria, prioritize the technical SEO roadmap, reviewing and approving large requirements (epics) and smaller requirements (stories) in partnership with the Product team.
- Work with external agencies and internal teams (Press, Publicity, Originals, Live, Content, and On Channel marketing), to drive a comprehensive Content SEO strategy and editorial calendar that will maximize visibility of key Hulu content in search rankings.
- Monitor organic performance daily, and report weekly on key organic traffic metrics, performance improvements, and product initiatives.
- Partner with the Paid Search team in finding opportunities for incremental investment or savings, and with
- Educate cross-functional partners in Marketing, Ad Sales, Partnerships, Creative, Landing Page Ops, Product, Engineering, UX, Data and Analytics, Finance on the value of SEO and how they can contribute to it.
- Track industry trends and key crawler updates from Google, Yahoo and Bing to ensure Hulu is ahead of the game, and capitalizing on all possible SERP features to provide the best user experience.
- Stay on top of entertainment news and seasonal trends to ensure our content strategy caters to the Hulu audience at the right time.
- 8+ years of SEO experience
- 5+ years working with Google Webmaster Tools/Search Console, Google Analytics, and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, marketing or equivalent experience.
- Proven track record of developing and executing highly effective, data-informed search strategies with measurable impact across both technical SEO (canonicalization, sitemaps) and content SEO for enterprise-level websites.
- Previous experience leading cross-functional teams to launch features in an agile environment, as well as experience project managing agencies and vendors.
- Exceptionally comfortable with analytics, generating business insights and business cases from large data sets.
- Well-versed in keyword research, analysis and benchmarking against other leading video providers.
- Knowledge of Searchmetrics, Botify, Screaming Frog, and related tools.
- Ability to translate complicated technical concepts into plain language to ensure understanding and alignment with broader partners and biz leads.
- Passion for crafting great user experiences and solving user problems with outstanding content.
- Strong, professional team-player who loves collaborating with groups at all levels of the organization.
- Web development background or basic HTML, CSS, JS experience
- Marketing background
- Startup experience of building SEO strategies from the ground up
- Editorial experience