Senior Manager, Engineering - Los Angeles
At Hudson Pacific Properties, we develop, own, and operate best-in-class office and studio space to the biggest names in tech and entertainment (Netflix, Google, Amazon), and we're looking for an experienced Senior Manager to join our Engineering team. As a publicly-traded company of 375 employees, we bring together the fast-paced entrepreneurial approach of a small firm with the resources of an established REIT. From redeveloping shopping malls into Google offices to ground up construction for Netflix high-rises, many of our projects are at the forefront of innovative design and development. Reporting into the Senior Director, Engineering & Environmental Sustainability, this role will provide leadership, management, and support of the day-to-day technical facility operations as well as supporting long-term strategic direction for the assigned portfolio, which may include studio soundstages.
The Senior Manager will manage all facility and engineering processes, policies, and procedures (e.g. tenant requests, preventative maintenance, repairs and maintenance, replacements, upgrades, sustainability and energy management initiatives, etc.) and third-party vendors (HVAC, electrical, elevator, plumbing, etc.). They will also provide oversight of engineering projects, management of technical issues with building tenants, budgeting for capital and operating expenses, and development of internal and external relationships.
Are you looking to use your high-rise building engineering expertise and exceptional interpersonal skills to support a thriving, forward-thinking company? Join our team!
What You’ll Do
- Support corporate, regional, property management, leasing and construction with technical research and formal recommendations on operational issues.
- Management of third-party engineering personnel and contracts.
- Building systems maintenance programs and standards.
- Angus Preventative Maintenance and engineering related Tenant Requests.
- Energy reduction, efficiency analysis and recommendations.
- Fire/Life Safety code compliance and maintenance standards.
- Emergency preparedness and disaster response programs.
- Building HVAC and electrical vendor monitoring and recommendations.
- MEP CapEx project scoping, contract administration and project management.
- Tenant Improvements, contractor compliance and oversight of building standards.
- Participate in the development, implementation and utilization of facility engineering technology and solutions to increase ecological sustainability and operational efficiency.
- Ensure proper procedures and standards are practiced and maintained at each property. Monitor compliance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Preventative Maintenance completion and Tenant Request response.
- Ensure completion and adequacy of required reports.
- Perform Property inspections and audits.
- Implement and monitor Building Rules and Standards compliance.
- Provide direction to property management and construction in complying with local, state and federal code requirements and their implementation.
- Coordinate with all applicable permit authorities.
- Supervise hazardous materials handling.
- Fire code compliance, testing and monitoring.
- Building construction code compliance.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance.
- Refrigerant management.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- EPA and local air quality authorities.
- Assist management with the review, analysis and production of required reports.
- Preparation of capital and operating budgets.
- Permit applications.
- Contract and proposal review and analysis.
- Leasing negotiation issues.
- Special projects.
- After hours HVAC calculations.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in managing complex technical building systems in Class A commercial high-rise office buildings.
- Strong technical and working knowledge of building structural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrated working knowledge of computers and software including MS Windows, Word, PowerPoint. Proficient in using MS Project for management and Excel for budgets and spreadsheets.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to write memos, letters and reports, and interact effectively with contractors, tenants, peers, vendors, and management
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while staying
- Availability to work full-time onsite at Los Angeles headquarters, travel locally to various Southern California properties, and occasionally travel to other regions.
- LEED certification.
Hudson Pacific Properties (NYSE:HPP) is a visionary real estate investment trust that owns and operates more than 19 million square feet of marquee office and studio properties. Focused on premier West Coast epicenters of innovation, media and technology, its anchor tenants include Fortune 500 and leading growth companies such as Netflix, Google, Square, Uber, NFL Enterprises and more.