3D Artist Generalist, Intern
Position: 3D Artist Generalist, Intern, Virtual Reality, HTC Creative Labs
Location: Seattle, WA
The Creative Labs group is looking for entry-level 3D Artist Generalist Interns to help our Art Team bring HTC’s concepts to life in VR. They are creating amazing software experiences to accompany HTC’s cutting-edge Vive VR hardware and are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to get their hands dirty in day-to-day production to help shape and define these amazing consumer-level AAA projects.
Candidates must possess entry-level experience via either independent work or school projects. Professional game or VR/AR development is ideal but not required. Must present an online portfolio of relevant 3D artwork for consideration.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proficient with at least one major 3D package like 3DS Max (preferred), Maya, or Modo
- Proficient at 3D sculpting, retopologizing, UV & texturing assets from reference or concept art
- Ability to create both high and low poly models, rip clean normal maps from high poly assets
- Solid understanding of UV layout for efficient texture usage and light-maps
- Solid knowledge of PBR material authoring tools (Substance Painter or Quixel Suite)
- Experience with polygonal optimization and LOD creation
- Experience with asset pipeline, integrating 3D models, textures etc. into Unity 3D
- Strong attention to detail, good communication skills, and a proactive nature
- Ability to work in a team and to integrate director feedback quickly
- Flexible to changes in production and able to shift focus between a range of tasks
- Ability to finish tasks within a given timeframe
- Contribute to an evolving design culture and process throughout HTC's worldwide Creative Labs design organization
- Report to Art Director or 3D Art Lead
Some nice skills to have:
- Any experience creating content for VR
- UX/UI skills for VR/AR a plus!
- Digital sculpting using ZBrush or Mudbox
- Rigging and animation skills in Maya or Motionbuilder
- Unreal Engine, Steam Workshop or Source2 experience
About HTC Creative Labs:
HTC Creative Labs is a product design, prototyping and incubation studio that provides design strategy for all of HTC and collaborates across our studios in Seattle, Taipei, and San Francisco to bring new designs to market. This team is responsible for much of HTC’s most significant product and experience design work over the past decade. Our current focus is on creating next generation XR software and hardware experiences for the HTC VIVE brand. We are a small, cross-functional team of designers, artists, developers, engineers and researchers with the feel of a startup. Our process relies on the collaboration of exceptionally talented individuals to create products that offer functional benefits and emotional resonance to our target audiences.
HTC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, national origin, citizenship, genetics, marital status, veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. HTC does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, including with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, and general treatment during employment.
We do not accept resumes or referrals from agencies