Senior VR Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA
HTC Creative Labs is a product design, prototyping and incubation studio that provides design strategy for all of HTC and collaborates directly with teams in Taipei and San Francisco to bring new designs to market. This team is responsible for much of HTC’s most significant product and experience design work over the past decade. Our current focus is on creating next generation XR software and hardware experiences for the HTC VIVE brand. We are a small, cross-functional team of designers, artists, developers, and researchers with the feel of a startup. Our process relies on the collaboration of exceptionally talented individuals to create products that offer functional benefits and emotional resonance to our target audiences.
We are looking for curious and creative senior engineers with 3+ years’ experience who are comfortable with ambiguity, who show a talent for creating unique, yet relevant, design solutions, are driven by the desire to work as a team player, and are committed to HTC's success in the emerging Virtual Reality technology space.
- Create engaging interactive prototypes to communicate design concepts to team members, product groups, and executives
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of artists, designers and user researchers to communicate and contextualize the product vision and capabilities in an impactful and meaningful way
- Contribute to an evolving design and development culture throughout HTC's global Creative Labs design organization
- 3 to 5+ years experience building clean, responsive, and performance applications for mobile and PC
- Experience prototyping and building 3D applications (games, VR, AR, etc)
- High level of proficiency in one or more of the following platforms: Unity/C#, UE4 or a proprietary game engine
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cross team collaboration experience
- Passion for learning new platforms, programming environments, and languages
- Curiosity and basic understanding of machine learning and computer vision
- Experience with or familiarity working with 3D modeling tools, 2D art tools and design tools
- Passionate about creating design solutions that offer both functional and emotional benefits
- Low level Java/Android or low level hardware experience a plus
HTC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, national origin, citizenship, genetics, marital status, veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. HTC does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, including with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, and general treatment during employment.