Mechanical Engineer, Intern
Position: Mechanical Engineering Intern
Location: San Francisco, CA
HTC is the creator of many award-winning mobile devices and industry firsts. By putting people at the center of everything it does, HTC pushes the boundaries of design and technology to create innovative and personal experiences for consumers around the globe. HTC's portfolio includes smartphones, tablets, wearables and virtual reality products.
HTC Creative Labs is a global team of designers, artists, engineers and researchers that delivers design strategy and incubates new products and experiences for the HTC portfolio. This team is responsible for much of HTC’s most significant design work over the past decade. Our current focus is on creating next generation XR software and hardware experiences for the HTC VIVE brand. Our process relies on the collaboration of exceptionally talented individuals to create products that offer functional benefits and emotional resonance to our target audiences.
At HTC, your value will be recognized and your career will have direction. If you want to be part of a team that comes up with innovative ideas, designs cutting-edge products, uses the latest technology and you want to have fun while doing it, HTC is the place for you.
We're looking for Interns who have refined skills, excellent teamwork and great ideas. Our Mechanical Engineering Interns are expected to participate in all phases of projects, from research to final client deliverables.
- Gain experience on a range of projects from early concept through production.
- Support the Engineering and Design teams in investigating product development issues and creating novel solutions
- Coordinate machine shop and 3D prototyping equipment maintenance responsibilities among the members of the Engineering team
- Create beautiful CAD models of production products, as well as advanced concepts.
- Translate 2D Illustrator drawings and sketches into 3D models.
- Modify CAD for design iterations and concept explorations.
- Release and review prototypes for quality and original design intent.
- Learn how to implement feedback from peers, managers, and customers.
- Learn how to present work and conduct themselves in a professional setting
- Collaborate with other design and engineering teams to identify opportunities, solve design issues, and maintain design intent throughout the project.
- Contribute to an evolving design culture and process within the design organization.
- Current student actively pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant engineering discipline
- Experience in CAD modeling software, preferably with Creo (Pro/Engineer) software suite
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes typically used in the consumer electronics industry
- Knowledge of prototyping and model-making processes
- Demonstrated proficiency in the practical application of engineering principles
- An appreciation of great design and the ability to work well with the Design team
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
HTC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, national origin, citizenship, genetics, marital status, veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. HTC does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, including with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, and general treatment during employment.