UX Designer, XR
UX Designer, XR
Location: Seattle, WA
HTC Creative Labs is a product design, prototyping and incubation studio that provides design strategy for all of HTC and collaborates across our studios in Seattle, Taipei, and San Francisco to bring new designs to market. This team is responsible for much of HTC’s most significant product and experience design work over the past decade. Our current focus is on creating next generation XR software and hardware experiences for the HTC VIVE brand. We are a small, cross-functional team of designers, artists, developers, engineers and researchers with the feel of a startup. Our process relies on the collaboration of exceptionally talented individuals to create products that offer functional benefits and emotional resonance to our target audiences.
HTC Creative Labs is looking for a user experience designer with 5+ years’ experience, who shows a talent for creating unique, yet relevant, design solutions, is driven by the desire to work as a team player and is committed to HTC's success in the emerging XR product space. Must present an online portfolio of relevant UX Design work for consideration.
- Participate in and employ user and market research to understand the needs and desires of our target audience
- Develop scenarios and storyboards to communicate design concepts to team members, product groups, and executives
- Design, build, and test interactive prototypes to iterate and evolve your design concepts
- Create and maintain detailed information architecture, interaction and visual design documentation throughout the product lifecycle
- Deliver 2D and 3D assets at appropriate level of fidelity for prototype, presentation and product contexts
- Accurately judge level of effort for individual design contributions and manage delivery of same in relation to peer and stakeholder teams
- Identify and drive design-related issues to resolution
- 5+ years of user interaction design experience, including significant non-Web interaction design work
- Hardware and software user interface design experience (3D environment and/or game industry interaction experience desired)
- BA/BS in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Computer-related Design, HCI, Human Factors, or related field (MA degree is a plus)
- A passion for the future of XR
- Experience shipping products from concept to creation
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team of designers, researchers, planners, and engineers.
- Demonstrated proficiency in industry-standard wireframing tools (Sketch, Illustrator, Storyboard VR, or similar); graphics tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar) and prototyping tools (Invision, UXPin, Figma or similar)
- Experience in designing with the Unity or Unreal game engines
- Strong project management and communication skills
HTC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, national origin, citizenship, genetics, marital status, veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. HTC does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, including with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, and general treatment during employment.