Specialist, Health Education Accreditation
Specialist, Health Education Accreditation
Terms: Full-time permanent position with full benefits
Starting Salary: $72,000
Location: Ottawa or remotely (from anywhere within Canada)
Accreditation Canada (AC), specifically the EQual™ education accreditation team, is embarking on a new and bold development to broaden its health education accreditation program. To support this growth, the team is now seeking a driven, passionate and bilingual professional individual to join and complement its accreditation team.
If you are looking for a challenging, fast-paced role, to be part of an evolving and innovative department, and share our passion for high-quality health education accreditation, this position is for you!
As a Specialist with the health education business unit (BU), you will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team that supports educational clients in delivering quality. As a Specialist, you will work with volunteer surveyors, other Specialists and will lead educational program accreditation assessment surveys.
You are right for this opportunity if you are fluent in French and English, are an independent worker, are motivated and are ready to jump in. We are looking for someone interested in making a real education difference!
Let's break it down. Your responsibilities include:
- Master collaborator – you are able to build enduring relationships within the team, with volunteer health professionals and with your educational program clients.
- Leadership – you integrate within the close-knit EQual™ family, support the BU initiatives, enjoy leading teams and leverage our goldmine of talents to grow, improve and deliver quality services and products.
- Excellent communicator – you have superior communication skills and are able to interview stakeholders, have business conversations and concisely write professional reports.
- Client and work management – you expertly manage your educational accreditation portfolio, execute your assessments on-time and budget, and adjust your work priorities as needed.
- Quality service provider – you are passionate about the quality of your work and are committed to ensuring that your clients get top-notch service.
- Educator – you are comfortable leading presentations and are amenable to sharing your knowledge and experience with others.
- Flexible worker – you are agile, able to adjust and can switch gears. You are equally comfortable working alone and within a team, can work remotely and can make and adapt your work schedule.
- Innovator – you like staying on top of emerging trends, are not afraid to bring forward new ideas, are open-minded and see opportunities from failure.
- Workplace health contributor – you have a positive and energized attitude, and you roll up your sleeve when your teammates need your help.
- Explorer and traveller – (The pandemic meant that we have had to adjust our survey approaches. When normalcy resumes) - you enjoy travelling and are amenable to Canadian and international work travels.
Your unique background and experience include:
- Have a post-secondary Diploma, Bachelor or Master's degree in a related field, such as health services administration, healthcare and/or education.
- Currently or previously held a professional health credential or have progressive leadership experience as a senior educator or health administrator.
- Have excellent English and French communication skills (ability to speak, understand and write clear, concise and accurate reports in both official languages) – fluency in additional languages is a definite asset.
You will stand out if you...
- Are knowledgeable about and have accreditation experience.
- Have project management qualification(s) and/or experience.
- Have quality assurance and improvement qualification(s).
If you have what we are looking for? Submit your cover letter, CV and salary expectations at:
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified genders, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.