Director, Centre for Laboratory Proficiency Testing, IQMH
Terms: Full-time permanent position with benefits
Starting Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Toronto, Canada
The Institute for Quality Management in Healthcare (IQMH), an affiliate of Accreditation Canada, is searching for a Director, Centre for Laboratory Proficiency Testing who shares our passion for achieving quality health services for all. If you have a strong scientific background and are an experienced senior leader with a background in administration of medical laboratories, this position could be for you!
IQMH has been providing internationally recognized proficiency testing programs through its Centre for Proficiency Testing (PT) for over 45 years. It is accredited by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) in accordance with the recognized International Standard ISO/IEC 17043: 2010 Conformity assessment — General requirements for proficiency testing.
If you’re seeking a new challenge, now is the time, as laboratory medicine is changing at a rapid pace! As the Director of the Centre for Laboratory Proficiency Testing, you and your team will ensure that the Proficiency Testing programs are aligned with these changes and aptly designed to provide accuracy in the laboratory. You will build on IQMH’s high standards and have responsibility for supporting services that are tailored to the current and future healthcare and laboratory environments. You will engage stakeholders in the value-add of proficiency testing and quality improvement of laboratory services. You will oversee your team to provide clinically relevant and client-centered services, manage risks and quickly identify short and long-term tactics and strategies to mitigate risks. You will work closely with IQMH’s scientific committees to plan future surveys, analyze performance, follow up on discordant results and support the development of committee comments and publications in peer reviewed journals. At times, you may be required to represent IQMH on external committees and to participate in scientific meetings, including developing posters and delivering presentations.
We’re looking for a strong leader who approaches everything with the leadership attributes that are key to our organization: Courage, Humility, Empowerment, and Individual Accountability. If you’re right for this role, you are strategic, have a commitment to our bold vision, and are excited to make a positive contribution.
You have a unique history. Does it include the education and experience listed below?
- 10+ years of relevant medical laboratory experience.
- Science degree BSc, MSc or higher, related to medical laboratory sciences.
- Broad understanding and network throughout the laboratory disciplines.
- Highly skilled at leading and driving high performance teams.
- Strong communication and change management skills.
- Superior negotiation skills.
- Highly sophisticated technical/ business analysis and facilitation for problem solving, making difficult decisions and testing concepts.
- A proven ability to develop collaborative stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally.
You’ll stand out if you...
- Have experience in designing proficiency testing programs.
- Have completed relevant Quality Management/Quality systems certification.
- Are fluently bilingual (French/English) .
We are equal opportunity employer and are committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.