Terms: Full-time contract for 14 months (includes benefits)
Starting Salary: $60,000
Location: Ottawa or Toronto
Health Standards Organization (HSO) bold ambition is to unleash the power and potential of people around the world who share our passion for achieving quality health services for all. Along with its affiliated organizations, Accreditation Canada and Institute for Quality Management in Healthcare (IQMH), HSO enables health and social service providers around the world to move the needle on quality while doing what they do best: saving and improving lives.
We are in need of someone who can promote our brand, interact with clients and establish productive relationships with key stakeholders. Applicants should be excited about developing and implementing plans to engage target audiences and spread the message about our products and services. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of success in the communications sector or related fields, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. Preference will be given to those who also have experience and skills in journalistic-style writing, digital marketing, multimedia development and customer service.
You are right for this opportunity if you interested in making a real difference! You are motivated and are ready to jump in!
Let's break it down. Your responsibilities include:
- Support and promote company goals, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach.
- Copy-edit and layout scientific publications according to requirements.
- Develop and disseminate public relations materials that increase our visibility among stakeholders and potential clients.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers, and customer audiences that will help advance our work.
- Identify target audiences and create strategies to effectively engage them.
- Ensure digital marketing content aligns with our brand’s identity and message and assist with marketing campaigns as needed.
- Develop and maintain engaging website content using a content management system.
- Work closely with the Manager, Communications to develop and strengthen employee engagement activities.
- Working in a fast-paced environment that requires quick thinking and quick turnaround of accurate, high-quality deliverables. Being flexible and agile doesn’t phase you - you are quickly able to adjust and can switch gears.
- Making a great team even stronger. You won’t be in this alone. The HSO team is our – and your – greatest asset. Our team is a goldmine of talent and expertise to strengthen you in your role.
- Contributing positively to the culture of our workplace by staying positive, engaged in the work you do and energized by the difference you’re making.
Your unique background and experience include:
- Diploma in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field.
- A minimum of two years experience in communications strategy development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be familiar with Canadian press style writing.
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, such as SEO and email marketing.
- Familiarity with DotNetNuke, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, and Eventbrite a must.
- Application of multimedia development and graphic design skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively.
You will stand out if you...
- Have knowledge of the healthcare sector and quality systems/initiatives.
- Have experience working in customer relations.
If you have what we are looking for? Submit your cover letter, CV and salary expectations at:
It is a condition of employment that the successful applicant be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencement, subject to approved exceptions under applicable human rights legislation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified genders, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.