User Acquisition Specialist (Mobile Marketing)
As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, BC's Best Workplaces, and most recently Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Hothead Games is looking for a Mobile Games User Acquisition Manager to help us get even more avid mobile gamers to play our world-class mobile games on iOS and Android.
We have a successful portfolio of games already which have amassed over 300 million downloads, and many of our user acquisition efforts have achieved top 10 download positions in Apple and Google Play app stores all over the world. Can you step up and deliver tens of millions more potential customers to play our games?
We are looking for a dedicated, self-starting and energetic person who has a passion for technology and mobile games and thrives working in a creative and fun environment. You will be an integral part of a world-class marketing team, working closely with the mobile advertising ecosystem and social platforms like Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
What You'll Do:
- Reporting to the Head of User Acquisition, you will support User Acquisition Managers with their daily / weekly / monthly tasks.
- Be part of the team that creates mobile marketing campaigns for a portfolio of games across multiple channels, including banner, interstitial, video and social media. In certain cases, you will be the main point of contact for these relationships.
- Working with our User Acquisition team, help to coordinate our creative production and manage campaign strategies.
- Unlock new mobile advertising traffic sources through creative strategies and developing campaign and creative testing programs to maximize acquisition efforts.
- Learn how to analyze campaign data to optimize campaign performance for optimal download volumes and return on investment.
- Analyze creative performance for all user acquisition channels and highlight what works and build a plan to create more.
- Work with 3rd party ad-tracking providers to initiate measurement and analysis of all mobile user acquisition and subsequent advertising KPIs.
- Checking and administering ad network invoices by product that relate directly to monthly marketing spends.
- You will get a decent share of number crunching and plenty of creative production and optimization to satisfy your hunger for being a modern-day marketer.
- Become a mobile advertising guru. You will need to understand all there is to know about advertising mobile games working with many internal departments and external partners.
What we look for (but not a requirement):
- Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing, Media, Computer Science or Business related is preferred).
- Familiarity with iOS and Android games marketplaces.
- A thirst for learning about analytics.
- Motivated and having the grit to tackle challenging tasks.
- Comfortable with numbers, at ease with creativity.
- Mobile gaming experience is not required but preferred.
- Avid mobile gamer.
- Passion for having a career in the tech industry.
- Experience with SQL & analytics (bonus).
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite like MS word, Excel, PowerPoint.
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour. At Hothead Games, we strive to maintain a healthy workplace, and during the Covid-19 pandemic the successful candidate must be comfortable working out of the office. Compensation includes competitive salary and vacation, MSP and Extended Health coverage. Other cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site Chiropractor/RMT/ Physiotherapy, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, fun company events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learns, beer Friday's and most of all, amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.