As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, BC's Best Workplaces, and most recently ranked one of Canada's Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Hothead Games is seeking an enthusiastic, talented, and experienced Senior Animator to join our team. This position will need an above-average understanding of current and emerging animation trends and will be responsible for animating characters and NIS moments to bring the game to life. Please note a portfolio is required.
What You'll Do:
- Create stylized, exaggerated in-game animations for an original IP
- Strong understanding of key-framed animation development processes, limitations and dependencies
- Help to define and maintain quality standards, establish guidelines and requirements for the look and quality of the animation
- Assist with animation pipeline and associated workflows
- Have a good understanding of character set up, rigging and associated areas
- Provide animation feedback and communicate best practice with intention for animation refinement
- Contribute to post mortems, provide feedback, help improve motion capture process and data output
- Collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and best practices
- Be task-driven, self-motivated, proactive and work well under deadline pressure
What You'll Bring:
- Please submit a digital portfolio along with your resume
- 5+ years of industry experience with multiple shipped titles, mobile development preferred
- A technical understanding of the game development process
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency using 3D modeling packages, including but not limited to Maya
- Unity-Maya workflow is a plus. Troubleshooting getting assets out of Maya and into Unity.
- Expert level understanding of animation principles is required
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street in beautiful Coal Harbour. At Hothead Games, we strive to maintain a healthy workplace, and during the Covid-19 pandemic the successful candidate will have the option to work from home. Compensation includes a competitive salary, vacation time, and extended health coverage. Other cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site Chiropractor/RMT/ Physiotherapy, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, company golfing, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learns, beer Fridays and most of all, amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.