Lead Game Designer
Hothead Games is proud to announce a new partnership opportunity resulting in an expansion of our workforce. This is a multi-disciplinary project attracting new talent and skillset to our workforce, including Lead Designers! Come join us today!
What are we working on?
A VERY exciting multi-platform MMORPG with achievable, viable, and well-considered timelines. The project involves cutting-edge user-created content with a deep social component, and a very ambitious economic design.
Why should you apply?
We are collaborating with big-name industry partners and we are working closely with world-class game developers! This exciting project also opens the door for further expansion and endless opportunities. Come join us for an adventure!
Hothead Games is seeking experienced and talented Lead Designers who are passionate about making great games.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and shape game systems and mechanics and get buy-in from the team.
- Write high quality game design documents that contain strong compulsion loops and clearly communicate concepts and requirements to the team.
- Design experience flows that are optimized for engagement and monetization.
- Own significant areas of the game design and collaborate with artists and programmers to guide the look implementation of features.
- Design and interpret in-game analytics.
- Design and measure the impact of features to address key metrics.
- Conduct speedy research and analysis for relevant competing products.
- Ability to script and tune gameplay, level designs and other hands on aspects of game design.
Who You Are and What You Bring:
- Submit your resume referring examples of previous work.
- 5+ years of game design experience and 3-5+ years of mobile or social game design experience.
- Understand the impact of social features such player guilds and chat systems.
- Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Technical understanding of the game development process.
- Committed to making the world's best mobile games!
- Creatively objective in understanding market needs for products.
At Hothead Games, we strive to maintain a healthy workplace during the Covid-19 pandemic - and beyond. The successful candidate must be comfortable working at home, and have functional and private space available for work hours. Compensation includes competitive salary, vacation, RRSP matching, company stock options and extended health coverage.
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games. If you are seeking an awesome new challenge with a fun and engaging team, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.
A Note of Caution: Hothead Games does not use Gmail or any other free email service. Hothead Games does not use Telegram or any other instant messaging service to recruit.
Be safe: If you are unsure that a recruiter is authentic, please contact [email protected]