The Data Analyst role will be an integral part of the Analytics and Engineering team. They will aid in acquiring data from primary and secondary data sources, validating and curating the data to ensure its accuracy while conforming to organizational data/file standards. This role will also work with relevant teams to maintain the data warehouse and ensure its precision. The position requires experience in data manipulation (Excel), and some SQL experience. This role works independently, in team settings, and in collaboration with key stakeholders across HotChalk.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of/experience working with AWS environments, Salesforce, SQL, Excel, and ticket management systems (ex: Zendesk, JIRA).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Data Retrieval – Work with HotChalk partner systems to acquire data
- Data Validation – Use Excel to validate all incoming file data from partners bound to the data warehouse as well as newly developed reports. Also, use SQL to query existing schemas/tables to maintain the accuracy of the data warehouse
- Build simple dashboards on visualization platforms
- Help with initial requirements gathering for the Analytics and Engineering team
- Process documentation
- Help with ticket management in the Help Desk ticketing system.
- 2+ years experience working with the Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience in data retrieval and in writing SQL queries
- 2+ years experience working with a ticketing/help desk system
- Tableau experience a plus
Critical skills for this position:
- Understanding of performance measures/metrics, goal-setting, and performance against targets.
- Ability to identify and succinctly communicate business needs and requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Software proficiency, including Windows OS, Salesforce, MS Office, SQL
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
Good skills to have:
- Understanding of structures, constraints, and operations of a Higher Education organization
- Some knowledge working with data visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau)
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and other enterprise solutions
At HotChalk, we deliver the transformative power of lifelong learning through innovative, data-driven solutions to our partner schools and the students we serve – because we believe every mind matters.
At HotChalk, we believe culture and thought diversity lead to better teams and stronger companies. We seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. HotChalk is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For more information about HotChalk, visit http://www.hotchalk.com.