Enrollment Specialist - Re-entry
As the Enrollment Specialist – Re-entry, you will be responsible for re-entering students into their academic program who have been previously withdrawn from the university for more than one year. The role will include working in conjunction internally and externally with Admissions, Registration, Operations, Student Accounts, University Partners, and Student Services to support the re-admission of prior students.
Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyze reports and prioritize best candidates for re-admission.
- Provides ongoing phone, email, and text outreach and interaction with re-admission candidates and potential candidates via strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understands the current status of each potential candidate through multiple methods including, but not limited to, researching prior enrollment history and communicating with the appropriate departments to determine eligibility for re-admission.
- Analyzes the risk for each candidate including, but not limited to, rate of progression, GPA, risk of SAP, and financial status.
- Problem solve and determine the root cause for the prior withdrawal as well as understand why and how candidate will be successful moving forward.
- Serves as the primary contact and owner for all re-admission candidates from initial contact (proactive and reactive) through the add drop period.
- Maintains frequent and ongoing communication with each candidate and provides updates on re-admission progress to candidates and leadership.
- Assists candidate’s with completion of all required steps and documentation for re-admission.
- Focus on meeting company goals for re-admission.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Distance (Online) learning experience preferred
- Customer Service experience required
- Enrollment and/or Student Services experience preferred
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical problem-solving skills
- Posses strong technical and operational abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Active listening skills and ability to empathize
- Ability to provide encouragement
- Ability to analyze and understand components of good candidates for re-admission.
- Have in person attendance for business continuity when needed or required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may be requested to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are essential of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At HotChalk, we deliver the transformative power of lifelong learning through innovative, data-driven solutions to our partner schools and the students we serve – because we believe every mind matters.
At HotChalk, we believe culture and thought diversity lead to better teams and stronger companies. We seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity, and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. HotChalk is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For more information about HotChalk, visit http://www.hotchalk.com