Community Engagement Specialist (K-12), FL Region
As our Community Engagement Specialist, this part-time role will be responsible for recruiting and networking within partner districts and associations. This role supports a diverse set of projects and programs which enable the Partnerships Team to continue to grow and develop to move HotChalk forward in a meaningful and measurable way.
This is a part-time role, with the flexibility to work 29 hours or less a week.
Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Represent the program through various presentations and attending activities such as college fairs, district recruiting events and community meetings
- Increase the visibility of our programs while developing and generating interest for master's and doctorate programs
- Working with Partnership team to schedule, confirm, and organize presentations and attending activities
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with faculty and staff within partner’s schools
- Understand and convey the value of education and the specifics of our programs, scholarships and grant opportunities, and start dates
- Successfully meet and exceed role expectations while continuing to thrive to break the set standards
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information in customer relationship management system (CRM-Salesforce) for recruiting efforts and communication strategy
- Establish and build network within region to work closely with relevant stakeholders in the education field
- Leverage current relationships in community and/or education-related organizations for networking and engagement activities
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Minimum of associate degree completed
- Professional appearance and a “can do” attitude at all times
- Able to speak with confidence and enthusiasm to audiences of all ages and to groups of all sizes
- Excellent time management and customer service skills
- Strong organization and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work, and meet deadlines
- Able to perform in both a team environment as well as in a solitary setting
- A goal-oriented work ethic, committed to achieving organizational objectives, individually and as part of your team
- Thrives in a networking and engagement driven environment leveraging analytics and reporting to improve objectives
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to principals, classroom teachers, and superintendent / educational leadership
- Availability to work a flexible and varied schedule that includes weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions based on scheduled events as needed
- Ability to maintain presence consistently in regional market
Preferred Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- BA/BS in Business, Education, Marketing, or related field
- Strong network presence in the education community/ current educator preferred
- Past/current participation in community and/or education-related organizations
- Experience in program development/design in a formal or non-formal setting preferred
- Knowledge of high school recruitment and/or sales experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience with CRM systems i.e. Salesforce
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform functions of this job: loading and unloading vehicles, moving and carrying boxes, event setup and tear-down, using dollies and hand trucks to move and store materials. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds; regularly bend, crouch, and kneel; stand and walk for extended periods of time; work in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are essential of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At HotChalk, we deliver the transformative power of lifelong learning through innovative, data-driven solutions to our partner schools and the students we serve – because we believe every mind matters.
At HotChalk, we believe culture and thought diversity lead to better teams and stronger companies. We seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. HotChalk is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For more information about HotChalk, visit: http://www.hotchalk.com.