Product Marketing Manager
You love education and want to spend your time online celebrating and supporting teachers. You’re self-motivated, driven, and able to articulate your vision. You love wearing many different hats, have a positive attitude, and a sense of humor. You wake up every morning wanting to learn more about your customers’ and prospects’ business processes and challenges. You’re a motivated team player with a passion for product-focused communications comfortable driving both marketing a SaaS product to K-12 school districts and driving continued user-focused development of the product.
The product marketing manager works with an agile product development team to foster the adoption of a new online learning platform designed for educators. The product marketing manager takes a research-oriented and data-driven approach to ensuring that the right customers are getting the right message, through the right channels and represents the customers' voice in product strategy discussions and decisions. You’d own this process from idea through execution and be responsible for driving demand in K-12 school districts, adoption and overall success of the product.
Essential Functions, Competencies and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create and execute go-to-market for software as a service product, and own launch strategy (timelines, messaging, channel strategy)
- Use data, insights and an analytical approach to identify routes to market, content, offerings, pricing strategy, sales and partner materials
- Craft compelling, comprehensive, and easy-to-understand assets, competitive positioning, FAQs, and cheat sheets to enable the sales team
- Creating the needed materials to drive demand, conversion, and adoption in a unified way, such as presentations, talking points, product copy, web copy, emails, etc.
- Generate innovative marketing ideas and lead a cross-functional team of stakeholders to drive execution
- Train internal teams on positioning ourselves against the competition
- Enable sales teams by developing collateral and training materials that bring the product positioning to life with compelling narratives and innovative messaging
- Work closely with the field sales teams to ensure effective thought leadership and ongoing relevance in the market to drive demand generation and pipeline
- Support the sales team’s conference schedule — coordinating sponsorships, exhibit presence, key-note opportunities, and supporting events
- Ability to conduct research — persona, audience, and competitive research as needed to better inform positioning and run the analysis of marketing efforts
- Hands-on ability to create a range of marketing assets, including viral on-message product demo videos and succinct slide pitch-decks
- Knowledge of K-12 buying cycles and experience planning accordingly to meet revenue objectives
- Enjoy experimenting with (and are constantly learning) new methods to test hypotheses and iterate your way to fit quickly
- Strong organizational skills to successfully manage task schedules
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a crucial part of the success of this position, specifically the ability to present ideas and information clearly, personify the voice of a brand or product, adjust tone and nuance with the audience in mind
- Building channel-specific positioning used to capture and scale key channels
- Enjoy spending time with customers - you love being their voice within the company
- Takes initiative, and has a strong work ethic and desire to implement new ideas
- Ability to work effectively with remote and in-person team members across multiple geographic locations
- Embraces a can-do attitude, and is effective in implementing new courses of action and gaining buy-in from a wide range of stakeholders
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment where marketers work together to solve tactical and brand initiatives
- Can comfortably work with a product team that is developing a completely new platform and successfully navigate changing priorities and ambiguity that may be encountered during the creation process
- Must be a true team player that is focused on the “we” results
- Ability to adhere to in person attendance for collaboration
- Travel for training and collaboration as needed
Minimum Qualifications for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; a focus in marketing/advertising, business, communication studies is preferred
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in a creative team or digital agency
- Experience in product management or product marketing role is required
- Proficiency with Google Suite, Wrike, email marketing automation, paid social, PPC, marketing
- Experience in B2B demand generation
- Education experience — either working with K-12 school districts, as a teacher or working with teachers and other educators
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are essential of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HotChalk is an innovation company that partners with educational institutions to bring their courses to new audiences—because we believe education is the catalyst that shapes society. The people at HotChalk believe that education transforms the world and that—while technology is crucial to improving access to education—people come first. That is why the company partners with universities to help them bring their degree programs online so that everyone has access to quality education to further their goals.
At HotChalk, we believe culture and thought diversity lead to better teams and stronger companies. We seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. HotChalk is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.