Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
The SOC Analyst will have a vital role in keeping the organization’s proprietary and sensitive information secure. He/she will work inter-departmentally to identify and correct flaws in the company’s security systems, solutions, and programs while recommending specific measures that can improve the company’s overall security posture.
Essential Functions, Competencies and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design, implement, and execute cloud security maintenance regimens in a multi-site organization
- Work closely with sourced security firms on the development of a security program
- Implement the technical aspects of the security program
- Facilitate security audits
- Translate requirements into appropriate, compliant, and secure configurations
- Perform root analysis of any and all SOC information security incidents
- Analyze network and cloud service schemas and configurations to make recommendations for security improvements
- Work with all levels of staff and leadership, external consultants, vendors, and customers to solve the needs of both internal and external clients.
- Mentor staff on security projects and perform staff education on the various aspects of cloud and network security
- Responsible for keeping the company's security systems up to date and creating documentation and planning for all security-related information, including incident response and disaster recovery plans
- Responsible for generating reports for IT administrators and business managers to evaluate the efficacy of the security policies in place
Minimum Qualifications for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems security, network/cloud security, or related field preferred
- At least 3 years experience with network/cloud security
- Strong understanding of network security, including next-generation firewalls, IPsec VPN, firewall and switch configuration, wireless, and network design
- Strong understanding of Amazon Cloud Services (AWS) architecture, design and security
- Extensive experience implementing security driven changes
- Experience documenting networking schemas and security regimens
- Knowledge of policy and procedure design, documentation and enforcement
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and optimize highly detailed, demanding, and technical tasks
- Team-oriented attitude, thrives in a collaborative environment
- Positive and flexible work ethic, including a willingness to work after hours on occasion
Additional preferred skills:
- Ability to interpret vulnerability scan results, experience with scanning and penetration testing
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems
- Knowledge of endpoint protection
- Participant in disaster recovery and business continuity planning efforts
- Willingness to occasionally perform user desktop support
- Experience with policy and procedure development, review, and assessments
- Knowledge of Cisco networking products
- Carrier and vendor management experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are essential of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HotChalk is an innovation company that partners with educational institutions committed to making a positive transformative impact on society. HotChalk helps transform the ways in which colleges and universities deliver lifelong learning to their students and graduates, empowering those institutions with strategies, technologies, and innovations that allow them to adapt and evolve in an ever-accelerating world of change. At HotChalk we believe education is the central catalyst that shapes society.
At HotChalk, we believe culture and thought diversity lead to better teams and stronger companies. We seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. HotChalk is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.