Sr. Manager/Director of Marketing Analytics
You are a data visualization guru. You love the math behind the initiatives-digging into the numbers and quantifying returns on campaigns that range from clicks and impressions to NPT and emotional index reports, but you also love relaying that information to channel managers, sales teams and left-brain creatives. You bring science and art together to provide thoughtful, contextual insights for action so the marketing team can produce strategies and assets with greater odds of conversion.
The Digital Marketing Analyst has a deep knowledge of marketing data including vendor platforms, web traffic tools and our internal database—and uses their strong analytics skills and industry-standard tools (Tableau, Excel and SQL) to craft stories and make recommendations to the marketing team. They are organized and vigilant—are constantly looking for cutting-edge data analytics and new solutions to optimize our marketing budgets appropriately while maintaining a holistic view of our marketing ecosystem.
At HotChalk, our marketing efforts are ever-evolving based on market trends and consumer behavior, and this role uses a wide variety of marketing platforms to gather data and synthesize it into an actionable plan. The marketing analytics manager is responsible for collaborating across teams to turn spreadsheet minutiae into marketing campaigns that resonate with our target audiences. They are not afraid to get into the weeds and dig around if it means unearthing something incredible, or an unforeseen issue that will end up saving conversion rates incrementally.
This role will drive strategic analytics projects in conjunction with the data and web development teams. They will champion data-driven decision making and the test and learn approach for marketing efforts.
Essential Functions, Competencies and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate with marketing leadership to develop strategy, benchmarks, goals, and KPIs throughout the entire marketing funnel from awareness to purchase
- Provide strategic analytics support for marketers on channels like SEO, SEM, Paid Social, Lead Aggregators, and Publisher Email.
- Be the company expert on marketing data and lead the effort to curate marketing datasets to enable rapid analysis including developing a rich marketing event dataset from data collected from our Heap implementation.
- Work with our data and marketing teams to maintain and update predictive forecasting model
- Work with the experience design team to analyze online and offline customer behavior and build a multi-touch attribution model
- Develop full-funnel marketing dashboard to monitor KPIs for acquisition, retention and monetization
- Use excellent technical skills to access information from various structured and unstructured data sources
- Present impactful analysis and data stories to marketers and executives in a compelling way
- Initiate and drive data projects, writing clear requirements for our ETL and Development teams
- Oversee delivery of test implementation and results analyses, with actionable interpretations, across marketing touch points
Minimum Qualifications for this position:
- 7+ years of experience analyzing large data sets and crafting compelling data stories
- 3+ years in a marketing focused role and core understanding of acquisition marketing
- Strong research and analytical mindset
- As comfortable talking deeply about data/statistics as you are with describing the results to executives
- Smart, motivated to learn and willing to take risks
- Excellent data visualization skills
- Experience with Tableau & SQL
- Knowledge and experience with web analytics (Google Analytics) and event tracking (Heap) tools
- Experience working with various media platforms; Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to frame problems, present data stories in a clear, concise manner
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, energetic, "can-do" attitude in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to deal with change and ambiguity
- Work cross-functionally to gather input from team members and get buy-in and execution help when needed and independently to anticipate problems before they arise; find solutions and follow up on issues
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment where marketers work together to solve performance gaps and drive brand awareness
- Positive attitude under pressure and a passion for breakthrough marketing
- Must be a true team player that is focused on the “we” results
- Experience working with remote teams
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are essential of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About HotChalkHotChalk is an innovation company that partners with educational institutions committed to making a positive transformative impact on society. HotChalk helps transform the ways in which colleges and universities deliver lifelong learning to their students and graduates, empowering those institutions with strategies, technologies, and innovations that allow them to adapt and evolve in an ever-accelerating world of change. At HotChalk we believe education is the central catalyst that shapes society.
At HotChalk, we believe culture and thought diversity lead to better teams and stronger companies. We seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. HotChalk is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.