Senior Copywriter, Creative Lead
HotChalk is looking for an experienced Creative Lead who not only mentors and inspires a creative team but also authors impactful copy.
In this role, you will partner with our extended marketing team to create brand-focused messaging for a variety of mediums. You’ll thrive working with designers, account managers, and digital marketers alike to provide creative recommendations that align with the client’s brand/ objectives and develop style guides to refine product personality and voice.
You are a powerhouse thinker, writer, inspirational leader and a delight to work with. You have a portfolio that highlights the amazing work you’ve done developing copy for large cross-channel and/or direct-marketing initiatives across media, both online and off. You dig into client discovery to uncover the differentiating factors—unique truths, and communicate them clearly and effectively to a target audience. A copywriter at heart, you also have an understanding of the feasibility of your vision and how to lead a team to create distinguished initiatives with a full suite of assets. You believe that quality is better than quantity and seek excellence and perfection in everything you do. You have led the development of engaging and cohesive campaigns, across a variety of platforms and formats. You have a sense of humor and an open and curious mind, but you’re straightforward and candid.
- Leadership conceiving and bringing to life the concept, design, and execution of visual solutions for integrated marketing initiatives – from print and web initiatives to online advertising and digital marketing
- Writing well crafted copy
- Management and mentorship – you’ll lead creative brainstorming sessions, and evaluate your teams work, inspiring them to produce even better than they thought possible
- Collaborate with account executives to obtain knowledge of requirements
- Leverage and optimize relevant resources and ensure that initiatives stay on track and on brief
- Have a keen understanding of the needs, motivations and aspirations of your audiences, so that you can speak to them in the most effective, compelling, engaging way possible
- Well-rounded portfolio of client work, demonstrating a strong understanding of client objectives and strategies
- Self-direction in daily responsibilities and ability to accomplish all tasks without supervision
- Solution-oriented attitude in addressing day to day challenges of job
- Effective written and verbal communication internally and with client
- Have an appreciation of great design and user experience
- Must work comfortably within tight deadlines and budgets
- Be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain and follow client style guides
- Must be a true team player that is focused on the “we” results
- Maintain a positive attitude, even under pressure
- Comfortable working in a mac environment, experience in Word
- Ability to travel as needed (hey, new places, new faces, new ideas—right?)
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Creative Writing, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 10+ years professional experience
- Advertising or Marketing Agency experience is preferred, or servicing a higher education institution.
- Ability to work effectively with G Suite and project management software.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and managing competing priorities.
- Enjoy working in a creative open-office environment—collaboration isn't optional
- Typical working hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Portland, OR
At HotChalk, we believe culture and thought diversity lead to better teams and stronger companies. We seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity, and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. HotChalk is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For more information about HotChalk, visit: http://www.hotchalk.com