Essential Functions, Competencies and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Understanding how to integrate technologies and build testable, well documented and maintainable code using best practices
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work, and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Honesty and integrity as the cornerstone of her/his moral compass
- A collaborative mindset; ability to openly give and receive input and feedback
- Desire to continually improve their knowledge and learn new technologies
- Being a team player by communicating intentions and impact of work on others, and being supportive
- Build new Wordpress plugins that are compatible with our existing frameworks
- Update and maintain our existing Wordpress plugins
- Migrate our platforms to new versions of Wordpress and PHP as needed
- Update and install 3rd party plugins and discover and debug any issues
- Investigate and advise on potential 3rd party plugins
- Identify and fix issues in a timely manner
Minimum Qualifications for this position:
- 3+ years experience developing Wordpress Plugins
- Experience developing Wordpress themes
- Experience with git/github
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with SourceTree, WPEngine, MySQL
- Experience with the Wordpress REST API
- Experience with React, TinyMCE, Bootstrap
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and other enterprise solutions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are essential of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HotChalk is an innovation company that partners with educational institutions committed to making a positive transformative impact on society. HotChalk helps transform the ways in which colleges and universities deliver lifelong learning to their students and graduates, empowering those institutions with strategies, technologies, and innovations that allow them to adapt and evolve in an ever-accelerating world of change. At HotChalk we believe education is the central catalyst that shapes society.
At HotChalk, we believe culture and thought diversity lead to better teams and stronger companies. We seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. HotChalk is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.