Student Accounts Advisor
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advise students with questions about tuition charges on their account and possible balances owed due to changes in enrollment
- Communicate with students and ensure their balances are paid in cash or payment plans are set up within payment deadlines
- Collaborate with Financial Aid department to ensure students complete all related requirements within payment deadlines
- Collaborate with Admissions team to provide financial advising for all new and potential students to ensure student understanding of tuition payment options and expectations as they begin their program
- Collaborate with Student Services team to maximize student retention from a financial advising perspective
- Enforce policies and procedures of HotChalk and University Partners to solve student account issues using interdepartmental resources
- Provide outreach and notification of all past due balances, answers all questions pertaining to balances and provides payment options
- Run, analyze, and update reports for overall collections process, to support student outreach; such as invoicing students, sending refund notifications, and sending past due collection notifications)
- Document all student communication in Salesforce
- Create detailed and customized account statements for students
- Assist in other activities as needed
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Experience providing high level professional customer service
- Experience working in the accounting department of a school or college
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Works closely within a team in a fast-past environment
- Ability to work with a sense of pride and urgency and to adapt and be flexible as priorities change
- Experience with MS Word and Excel required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At HotChalk, we deliver the transformative power of lifelong learning through innovative, data-driven solutions to our partner schools and the students we serve – because we believe every mind matters.
At HotChalk, we believe culture and thought diversity lead to better teams and stronger companies. We seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. HotChalk is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For more information about HotChalk, visit: http://www.hotchalk.com.