Senior Project Manager
Working in a fast-paced agency environment with like-minded professionals who love what they do and who value collaboration fuels you. You are open to new ideas and know how to adapt to variable situations and/or shifting priorities. You are an exceptional communicator, have strong attention to detail, and love working with professionals across discipline areas to plan and execute successful projects. Thinking big-picture and strategizing with the best of them, you’re also confident and comfortable with all the details – crossing T’s and dotting I’s. And you believe in helping to create and maintain a culture of inspiration and positive reinforcement to get the very best from your colleagues, or as we like to call them at CCA, your "co-friends." Creative Communication Associates (CCA), a national leader in higher education marketing and communications is seeking a talented and dynamic SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER responsible for the day-to-day organization, scheduling, and management of all client-based work, print, and digital/web-based work throughout the agency, utilizing strong managerial and interpersonal skills, teamwork and collaboration with the help of day-to-day management and utilization of the agency's project and client management software. The senior project manager opens jobs that enter the agency and assigns a step-by-step schedule from start to completion. Working closely with the entire staff, as well as outside creative partners, the project manager monitors the movement of all jobs through all agency departments, updating schedules and team members as required. In addition, the senior project manager works with the agency team to create project estimates and, together with the client service team, is responsible for keeping these projects on budget and on time through completion.
Candidates for this position must be exceptionally detail oriented, able to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines, have the ability to foresee scheduling conflicts, and be solutions-oriented in their approach to troubleshooting.
Essential Competencies, Duties, and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Opens jobs and job folders on the agency server and project management software
(Workamajig and Basecamp).
• Creates and revises project schedules as needed, publishes a weekly production
status report to advise all departments of schedules and job status, and runs daily
and weekly agency stand-up meetings to review workflow and deadlines.
• Reviews creative team schedules daily with the creative director and updates them
• Obtains quotes from photographers, creative freelancers, developers, and other
vendors, and then works with the client service team to create estimates for all
• Monitors hours spent, comparing actual vs. budget, and updates client service and
other key team members when projects are trending over budget.
• Assists account managers in scheduling creative briefings, execution meetings, and
pre-production meetings when required.
• Notifies account managers when necessary to contact clients for any materials,
information, etc., required to complete scheduled projects.
• Oversees internal routing, review, and approvals of concepts, layouts, artwork,
and printer proofs, making sure all materials are properly signed off on and ready
to move to the next step.
• Manages and arranges outside proofreading with approved professional
• On behalf of the media team, ensures that all media/production specifications
and deadlines are shared and met.
Preferred Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
• Proven working experience in project management in the advertising/marketingsector
• Solid technical background with understanding and hands-on experience with
cloud-based project management software
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to multi-task
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based
• Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• 5+ years of professional experience
• 2+ Agency experience
Creative Communication Associates (CCA) is located in Troy, NY. CCA is the nation’s leading full-service marketing communications & branding agency, specializing exclusively in higher education. From the Ivy League to large public universities to small private colleges to specialty schools, CCA’s over 35 years of strategic and creative expertise has built some of the best brands in higher education today. Our services include print and digital communications, media planning and advertising, capital campaign development, enrollment marketing, branding and identity, and video and photography.
Click here to find out more about Creative Communications Associates (CCA):
At CCA we believe culture and thought diversity lead to better teams and stronger companies. We seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. CCA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.