Student Success Advisor
As a Student Success Advisor, you will support student retention efforts by ensuring students are attending class, turning in assignments on time and supporting them to achieve their educational and career goals by identifying barriers to student success and implementing proactive strategies that promote graduation.
The Student Success Advisor is also essential in the Accounts Receivable process within the Finance Department. They are responsible for consistently providing professional communication with students related to tuition balances owed. The team works closely with the Financial Aid department and the Admissions team to ensure that students have financial clearance to move forward with their program within given payment deadlines.
Essential Functions, Competencies and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interact daily with students via phone, email, text and live chat to respond to student concerns and questions as well as proactive phone outreach
- Assist students with degree completion planning and course sequencing
- Identify opportunities to develop, implement, measure and improve academic success strategies
- Coordinate retention efforts and student-related activities with instructors
- Provide advising and serve as an advocate for students and refer to other departments as needed
- Advise students with questions about tuition charges on their account and possible balances owed due to changes in enrollment
- Communicate with students and ensure their balances are paid in cash or payment plans are set up within payment deadlines
- Collaborate with Financial Aid department to ensure students complete all related requirements within payment deadlines
- Collaborate with Admissions team to provide financial advising for all new and potential students to ensure student understanding of tuition payment options and expectations as they begin their program
- Enforce policies and procedures of HotChalk and University Partners to solve student account issues using interdepartmental resources
- Provide outreach and notification of all past due balances, answers all questions pertaining to balances and provides payment options
- Document all student communication in Salesforce
- Maintain compliance and strictly adhere to all University policies, procedures and standards
- Excellent customer service skills (phone, email, text, live chat)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Critical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to “think on your feet” and remain calm when faced with an angry or upset student
- Ability to perform multiple tasks while attending to detail
- Comfortable with web-based technologies and experience with Learning Management systems a plus!
- Available some evenings and weekends as needed
- Assist in other activities as needed
Key Performance Indicators:
- Meet or exceed:
- Minimum talk time requirements – 3 hours a day
- Minimum student persistence rates
- Minimum student survey result rates
- Minimum number of outbound dials – 40 dials a day
- Minimum number of assigned students out of attendance
- Minimum number of assigned students who graduate
- Welcome calls completed to all new students who are in an enroll status before the day of the start
- Equal to or less than:
- Maximum number of missed calls
- Maximum percentage of bad debt for assigned student load
Minimum Qualifications for this position:
- Associate’s and equivalent experience required
- Bachelor’s and or Master’s degree preferred
- Distance (Online) learning experience preferred
- Customer Service experience preferred
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Works closely within a team in a fast-past environment
- Ability to work with a sense of pride and urgency and to adapt and be flexible as priorities change
- Experience with MS Word and Excel required
- In person attendance is required Monday through Friday
- Attire is business casual with the exception of casual Friday
- Normal business hours required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are essential of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HotChalk is an innovation company that partners with educational institutions committed to making a positive transformative impact on society. HotChalk helps transform the ways in which colleges and universities deliver lifelong learning to their students and graduates, empowering those institutions with strategies, technologies, and innovations that allow them to adapt and evolve in an ever-accelerating world of change. At HotChalk we believe education is the central catalyst that shapes society.
At HotChalk, we believe culture and thought diversity lead to better teams and stronger companies. We seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. HotChalk is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.